Front driveshaft rebuild kit

Ahoragi

TJ Addict
A while back I spotted this Spicer front driveshaft rebuild kit that included everything you need to rebuild the shaft. It was a little over a hundred bucks IIRC.

I cannot find it now. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I looked and haven't had any luck when I just searched for it. What did it include? I imagine just u-joints, which you can buy cheap separately anyways.

This is the kit I was going to recommend when I saw your post earlier, it is slightly different than what you found... my recommendation has all sealed components, yours has the greasable version of the centering joint. I believe the sealed version to be a better quality unit for most of us.

This one, everything is sealed... http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p23..._for_jeep_with_oem_1310_series_non_greas.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Trust me, you want the sealed kit too. I'm slowly replacing all my u-joints with the sealed versions. Much, much better.

Yeah I linked the wrong one, my bad. I just noticed there were a few versions of the kit.

Here's what's strange: I bought a front shaft from another XJ to run in the rear (one of the perks of the XJ platform) and rebuilt that shaft with the same non-grease-able kit from denny's in 09 but it's now on my work bench with dried up needle bearings. I could blame my salt-belt region for that but I would've expect it to last a bit longer. I have an Adam's Driveshaft back there now and rebuilding this shaft to run in the front again.

Seven years is a decent length of time but when I think of it, my 99 TJ is still on it's factory front and rear u-joints.

Ted. you've lived in Alaska long enough to know shipping is never going to be cheap for you. :)

Silly me moved here not realizing it. By June I hope Im back in Idaho. I am holding off on buying anything that I dont have to have till then. I just wanted one of these to put in my parts box. I had mine rebuilt 2 years ago and it was just these parts + labor and it cost $324. I can do it myself