Front end jerks after hiting bumps

StuckNohio

New to forum

I have a 98 wrangler i bought about 2 months ago, will post some pictures this weekend

I had a broken control arm mount and replaced it, and that solved some bump jerking issues But it still jerks pretty bad when I hit bumps.....and on the highway its really bad

I checked wheel movement when it was on the lift and everything seemed tight....not sure how to proceed I'm not the best mechanic.....i live in Cleveland ohio if any one knows of a good jeep mechanic....i have frame and body issues that need addressed too.....

Any helps would be awesome

Do you mean the steering jerks to the side when you drive over a bump or dip in the road?

Does it have a dropped Pitman arm installed on the shaft that comes down out of the steering box? If you don't know, post a photo of it from the side....

This shows what the Pitman arm looks like... the one of the left is dropped, the one on the right is the factory non-dropped Pitman arm. Not all dropped PItman arms are dropped as far as the one on the left but if it's dropped more than the one on the right, it's a dropped Pitman arm which screws up the steering geometry.

Hopefully the previous owner cluelessly installed a dropped Pitman arm which makes the cure easy... replace it with a factory OE PItman arm.

Pitman arms.jpg

Last edited:
Yes i mean steering jerks

I will look tomorrow, I'm changing both front fenders out tomorrow so i will have nice photos then

Thanks for the helps

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk