Front end rebuild components

JR Paredez

I'm looking at replacing my worn out tie rod ends and ball joints on my 99 tj sport. I am considering using the Currie heavy duty tie rod system to upgrade my current setup and also the moog complete front end steering upgrade kit. I know I will have to buy ball joints with the Currie system. What are the pros and cons of each?

The Currie Currectlync is undoubtedly the best steering setup out there for our TJs, so that's definitely the route I would go, 100%. You do not need the Currie Currectlync and the Moog setup though, as they are both steering replacements, and the Currie is the better choice.

Which Moog setup are you referring to by the way? The stock replacement setup?

If you buy new ball joints, be sure to read this thread before you do: Which ball joints are the best for my Jeep Wrangler TJ

The Currie Currectlync is undoubtedly the best steering setup out there for our TJs, so that's definitely the route I would go, 100%. You do not need the Currie Currectlync and the Moog setup though, as they are both steering replacements, and the Currie is the better choice.

Which Moog setup are you referring to by the way? The stock replacement setup?

If you buy new ball joints, be sure to read this thread before you do: Which ball joints are the best for my Jeep Wrangler TJ

Yes the stock replacement kit. Sorry I wasn't clear with my post. I knew I didn't need both but was curious as to what people preferred
http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-packagedeal039

The Currie system is without a doubt the way to go if you can afford it. Comparing it to the stock unit side-by-side, it makes the stock one look like a joke!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford