Front sway bar bolt hitting frame

Dyl

I just found that the drivers side (RHD jeep) sway bar end link bolt is scratching the frame. Passenger side looks fine. I have attached pics of both sides.

It should be from the lift I installed sometime back. It's only a 2inch spacer lift and I haven't changed any other stock hardware when I installed the lift.

Is installing an adjustable trackbar the only option? Are they any other things that I could try?

20221128_195647.jpg

20221128_195716.jpg

The first problem I see in the pictures is that the sway bar links are installed differently.
The sway bar link in the first picture faces inward and the link in the second picture faces outward.
They both should be faced the same direction; outward.
When I installed the 2" spring lift; I did not have a problem with the links rubbing.
I upgraded to the JKS adjustable sway bar disconnects due to issues with the length of the stock links after the installation of the lift.

Great catch, many thanks!

I'll have to fix it first and see then. So when removing the sway bar link, do you need to jack the axle up a little bit to take the weight off the bottom bolt ?

The sway bar can be moved (slid) over and centered.
Whether it stays there or not might depend on the condition of the bushings.
Some have added locking collars to keep it in position.
It will help if your axle is centered. Adjustable trackbar or just adding a new mounting hole.

Great catch, many thanks!

I'll have to fix it first and see then. So when removing the sway bar link, do you need to jack the axle up a little bit to take the weight off the bottom bolt ?

No need to jack it up.
If you off-road you might want to look at getting sway bar quick disconnects from JKS.

do you need to jack the axle up a little bit to take the weight off the bottom bolt ?

There's no pressure on the sway bar when it's sitting level.
The only weight is the bar itself, and that's only if removing bolts from both sides.

The first problem I see in the pictures is that the sway bar links are installed differently.
The sway bar link in the first picture faces inward and the link in the second picture faces outward.
They both should be faced the same direction; outward.
When I installed the 2" spring lift; I did not have a problem with the links rubbing.
I upgraded to the JKS adjustable sway bar disconnects due to issues with the length of the stock links after the installation of the lift.

The links at the axle side are fine. They are installed inboard of the mounts where they ought to be.