WTB: Front TJ Rubicon Locker (stock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeE024

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm looking for a properly working front TJ Rubicon locker to have installed during my re-gear.

Please, let me know if there is one for sale.

Thank you.

I know someone selling one, but they want $800 and it’s on the east coast. Not sure if it would be worth it for you.

Reactions: MikeE024
I know someone selling one, but they want $800 and it’s on the east coast. Not sure if it would be worth it for you.
That's more than I'm willing to pay, but I really appreciate you giving me the heads up.

No problem. Pm me what you’d want to
Pay and I can pass it to him, never hurts to make an offer.

Reactions: MikeE024
I might need to re-think my logic on why I want a front locker for the rear (apparently the front is weaker and I didn't realize it). I'll be in touch if I'm still looking for one.

Reactions: Lax22
When I see them up for sale, the going rate is usually $500-600 for a good working locker.

What is wrong with your current one?
My front is fine, but I was going to replace my rear with a front during the re-gear. I didn't realize that the front was weaker (just learned of this), so I might not need one after all.

I was quoted at $450 by a junkyard 1.5 hours away when I didn't have the budget for it.

I don't know if they still have it, and I wouldn't want to make that drive until my transmission is rebuilt (in about 10 days).

Reactions: williambmac
Be aware the front lockers are weaker as they are only 2-pinion. For $5-600 forna used Rubicon locker I would consider switching to an aftermarket e-locker for around $1k. You could wire the e-locker in place of the locker air pump for a super simple install

Last edited:
If all I needed was a front locker (for the front), I wouldn't think twice about getting one for $500-$600. I like the stock locker setup since I only wheel in 4Lo.

I don't trust my rear locker for the long haul, so I'm going to change it during the regear. I thought I was all set with being able to throw a front into the rear. That's why I started this thread. Damn shame, but I'll survive.

Reactions: Steel City 06
It will work, it just isn't an upgrade in the reliability department. If your rear locker was broken and you needed a quick, cheap fix, that is a viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.