Front Track Bar Axle Bracket Hole Repair

Rick2004LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Replacing front Track Bar with Metalcloak but found previous owner had added an extra mounting hole to the axel side bracket. He drilled the inside hole to close to factory and factory hole wallowed out to the point the margin between the holes is too thin/split. How do I fix it? I assume there are welding options to fill 2nd hole, maybe weld washers, and replacement brackets available? If I dont have access to any qualified welders, is there any other way to do it without welding - maybe adding big washers? BTW this is a pure Trail Rig so no DD, trailer it to the trails, only on road is under 45 mph between trail heads etc.
Track Bar Mount holes Both.jpg

Track Bar Mount holes Inside.jpg
Track Bar Mount holes outside.jpg

I used the Barnes 4WD bracket. It is a quality bracket that is simple. No regrets.

It does require welding to install it. I took my front axle off and I used the opportunity to do quite a few things (e.g., PSC bracket, track bar mount, raised sway bar links, etc.).

I don't really see a solution that isn't going to require welding. Imagine that bracket giving out while you are driving down the road at 45 mph. Dangerous for the driver but incredibly dangerous for anyone in your way.

20201231_083639_HDR.jpg