Front track bar that doesn't suck?

NOT Metalcloak
I was waiting for that...

I have run a Metalcloak TB on my rig for a while now on some moderately difficult trails without any issues. The TB is great for a budget-friendly option but if money was no concern I would have went with a Currie with the offset JJ. The Heim joint will eventually start making noise but from what I've gathered MC will replace it at no cost when that happens.

Like others have said the midarm doesn't care what TB you choose. If you're running a Dana 30 you'll probably not have a clearance issue with any of them. Since the dana 44 is a bit bigger some people, like me, have a hell of a time getting a TB not to make contact with the diff cover.

I was waiting for that...

I have run a Metalcloak TB on my rig for a while now on some moderately difficult trails without any issues. The TB is great for a budget-friendly option but if money was no concern I would have went with a Currie with the offset JJ. The Heim joint will eventually start making noise but from what I've gathered MC will replace it at no cost when that happens.

Like others have said the midarm doesn't care what TB you choose. If you're running a Dana 30 you'll probably not have a clearance issue with any of them. Since the dana 44 is a bit bigger some people, like me, have a hell of a time getting a TB not to make contact with the diff cover.
I have had mine for 5 months and I have to lubricate it regularly or it squeaks at every bump. I should have spent the money...

If you're running a Dana 30 you'll probably not have a clearance issue with any of them. Since the dana 44 is a bit bigger some people, like me, have a hell of a time getting a TB not to make contact with the diff cover.

Depending on how perfectly centered the track bar is, how close you're trying to match your pinion to your front driveshaft, and many millimeters of wheelbase you're trying to squeeze out of it, you can definitely make a Dana 30 hit a Currie, which I would extrapolate to say even with a Dana 30, ANY bar may create clearance issues without taking the time to do a proper springs-out cycling of the suspension.

Reactions: Alex01