Front trackbar torx head bolt will not come loose

CasperLLY

TJ Enthusiast
I have done everything P B blaster, a little heat. Damn thing will not budge

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kroil is what you need... Some Kroil and some heat will get anything loose. P.B. Blaster is a joke compared to Kroil. I didn't realize this until I actually tried the Kroil!

If you are going to replace the trackbar lots of heat works better than any penetrating oil. Make sure you get the heat on the back side where the nut is.

If you are going to reuse the trackbar i prefer liquid wrench over kroil.

You could also try an impact with a impact torx bit.

I've tried my battery impact at 210 ft lb. 1/2 air impact. Not the slightest budge. Replacing trackbar with an adjustable jks bar

After a clsoe inspection of mine. You really don't have many options.

I was thinking you could drill the head off. But you don't have the room to get the shaft out the other side.

I think your best bet is a 4' long breaker bar.

One other thing I have done is swap the impact to tighten hit it a few times. Sometimes tightening the bolt will make it easier to remove.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
If you are talking about the bolt for the passenger-side mount, be very careful to not do anything that would snap the bolt. The flag nut in the rear is a real booger to get out if that bolt snaps. Heating that flag nut would be the ideal location to apply the heat.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
On the ground. I'm just gonna have to cut the bolt
c00ffb8c49044f63cebacdb036cccf46.jpg
840d761a97c676295794f8869f6f5ce6.jpg

On the ground. I'm just gonna have to cut the boltView attachment 64113View attachment 64114

I am sorry you are having problems. But damn i love the power in a Milwaukee.

Before you cut it. You should be able to remove the broken bit. You might want to try a Husky (home depot brand) bit. I remove disks on Harleys all the time with a non impact torq bit. I have broken every one except for the husky ones. I don't know why it doesn't break.

Btw i have tried snap on and matco. Both snaped like butter.

I've used 2 different brands and snapped after using them for half the day trying to get them to come out
I believe the bolt has rusted itself to the medal sleeve in the bushing

I will tomorrow. I've thought of welding a nut on it but I'm afraid I will just break the head off and will have to cut it anyway
I like Daryl's implied suggestion. My next step would be to weld a big nut onto the torx head. Welding from the inside of the nut would get the bolt hot enough to break free of nearly any issue. Every time I have done that the bolt would then unscrew nearly unbelievably easily.

Reactions: derekmac
I will tomorrow. I've thought of welding a nut on it but I'm afraid I will just break the head off and will have to cut it anyway

If you weld the nut on correctly the bolt would break before the weld. Weld a nut with an inside diameter just barely smaller than the diameter of the head of the bolt. Remove the broken torx bit first. Also heat the flag nut up as Jerry suggested. It will come loose.

If anyone happens across this thread - exactly what size is that torx? T-50 seems like it has alot of play - T-55 no way it will fit. I am headed to HomeD or AutoZ to get a Torx set for my drill - the little hand-held "L" torx tools do not allow any good grip/pressure. I just don't think what I'd buy would be any diff than the "L" tools...