Front wipers started to move then stopped and won’t budge

Unitize

I went out and cleared ice off my windshield this morning and when I went to turn my wipers on they started to move then stopped and are stuck just a few inches up the windshield. The sprayer works just fine and I replaced the fuse just to be safe but that didn’t seem to do anything for me. Any suggestions? I haven’t done a lot of work on cars so I’m not sure what I can do.

Take the arms off the pivots and double check that the pivots are not working. I had one quit.moving and thought he linkage had broken. Turns out the previous owner had put a cheap Chinese arm on one side and it stripped out the splines on the arm.

Reactions: Unitize
So update, i went out to do what you said and I started the Jeep and the wipers started to go again but got stuck again but even further up the windshield, would that eliminate the pivot?

My wiper motor went out about six years ago... replaced it and works fine.... maybe get a visual by taking off the cowl

My wiper motor went out about six years ago... replaced it and works fine.... maybe get a visual by taking off the cowl
If the wiper blades still moved after a few hours of being stuck towards the bottom of the windshield but then got stuck half way up the windshield is it the motor or do you think something else?

If the wiper blades still moved after a few hours of being stuck towards the bottom of the windshield but then got stuck half way up the windshield is it the motor or do you think something else?
It’s the motor. Mine was doing the same thing in the cold last winter. Freezing and below it was hit or miss on working. Once it warmed up above freezing it would work okay.
Replacing the motor is relatively easy.

Take the cowl off, turn the wipers on and smack the wiper motor with something. Chances are your wiper motor needs replacement.