Frozone's 2004 RME Build

Brian Love

Hey! Finally get to post in here. We've had our 2004 RME Wrangler for almost 10 years now. Bought it almost stock. Prior owner added a brushed aluminum "JEEP" gas cover, Sirius XM Radio, and Chrome tubular bumpers and side steps. It currently is sitting with 45,000 miles. Haha, but it's our winter plow vehicle for our private lots. I finally got tired of it looking "stock" so this past month, I've been on a journey to do some minor but fun mods. I started off with a 52" (was to be a 50", but they screwed up the order) LED CREE lightbar. Holy smokes! Crazy bright.

Second addition was a set of 17x9" Fuel Maverick Deep Lip rims. I wasn't sure what tires to go with but in a fun turn of events, I watched a 35" Mickey Thompson roll out of the back of a really nice lifted Ford. By the time I could get it loaded up in my other truck I was driving, the driver was long gone... After a post on CL and FB, 30 minutes later had found the owner and that evening he had it back in his possession. In return, he hooked me up with 285/70/17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's at cost! What a blessing. Believe it or not, I was able to drive the Jeep on stock suspension for a few weeks without rubbing (unless I did some crazy articulation into my driveway).

After a few weeks, I was invited here by Chris. Now that I have the kit on, it's made a huge difference in ride. Just need to add the JKS Quick Disconnects.

#IGNORETHERUST The bumpers/fog lights will be coming off here shortly in favor of something else.

RME.jpg

Not my Jeep, but the closest I could find to a stock RME...

1.JPG

This is it in stock form (with the tubular bumpers).

3.JPG

Outside the tire shop with the 33's :)

2.JPG

4.JPG

Getting ready for the lift

5.JPG
6.JPG

Stock shocks with Mopar air bags

7.JPG

OME 2.5" Lift & Black Magic Brake/Centric Rotors on all 4 corners

8.JPG

Now just need to get better pics in the wild :)

If I can have it my way, I'll probably buy a Rugged Ridge XHD bumper for the JK (I know, different mounting points) and I'll modify it to fit on the TJ. Reason for this is I LOVE the XHD with stubby ends, but they only produce this for the JK's.

Again, in the way of Burger King, if I can have it my way, I'll retrofit a MyGig Radio from a T&C minivan and put that in my dash along with backup camera system. I have yet to find an aftermarket system that looks "stock" and it appears there's a wiring setup that just might allow my to retrofit it in. #ifthere'sawill...there'saway :)

Looks awesome!!!

Throw a 1" body lift on there (cheap and easy) and you'll be good to go lift wise.

Man... Without the lift those tires just barely fit!

Black Magic Brakes were a night/day difference. AMAZING!

A couple times into my drive I heard the "thud, thud, thud, thud" of the tires hitting fenders, lol.

Reactions: Chris
Black Magic Brakes were a night/day difference. AMAZING!

A couple times into my drive I heard the "thud, thud, thud, thud" of the tires hitting fenders, lol.

I'll bet, those tires are quite large for the stock height!

What's next on the list?

Be prepared to spend money for the tummy tuck... Ask me how I know.

What brand do you have? I run the UCF TT
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm running the UCF UHC tummy tuck, along with 1" BL, 1" Brown Dog Motor Mounts, Novak cable shifter, and TeraFlex Extra Short Shaft SYE with Adams Driveshaft.

I thought about getting the UHC did you have to pound out the trans tunnel?
No adjustments to the tunnel, exhaust, or anything. But as I mentioned above, I already had the 1" body lift and Novak cable, so that allowed everything to stuff nicely. I have an 01 TJ, 4-cylinder with auto trans. The later model TJs stock belly hangs down lower than my stock configuration, so results may vary...

[OP, sorry for the thread hack]

227B2332-31A3-4ED9-A79C-8A7AA1A4958F_zpsdtpiulr3.jpg

Reactions: Chris
No adjustments to the tunnel, exhaust, or anything. But as I mentioned above, I already had the 1" body lift and Novak cable, so that allowed everything to stuff nicely. I have an 01 TJ, 4-cylinder with auto trans. The later model TJs stock belly hangs down lower than my stock configuration, so results may vary...

[OP, sorry for the thread hack]

View attachment 1992

Wow, that looks nice and tucked!

Do you mean UCF, not UHC?