Frozone's 2004 RME Build

I have the UCF high clearance
0827e072d05cb61b3934c470af7072b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JFjeld and _swede
Did you guys install these yourself @Luke and @JFjeld?

Looks like they're pretty nice skid plates. How was the fit? Any issues?

I didn't install it myself. I did have to modify my exhaust and I can feel the heat radiating from the trans tunnel. Other than that, no complaints

I didn't install it myself. I did have to modify my exhaust and I can feel the heat radiating from the trans tunnel. Other than that, no complaints

Not bad, so yours is the high clearance, not the 'ultra high clearance'?

Did you guys install these yourself @Luke and @JFjeld?

Looks like they're pretty nice skid plates. How was the fit? Any issues?
Yes, I did mine by myself, at the same time I installed my Teraflex Extra Short Shaft SYE and Adams Driveshaft. Real easy, and no fitment issues at all with anything.

UCF offers both 1/4" and 3/16" steel skids. You can also go with aluminum. I went with the 3/16" steel.

Reactions: Chris
Yes, I did mine by myself, at the same time I installed my Teraflex Extra Short Shaft SYE and Adams Driveshaft. Real easy, and no fitment issues at all with anything.

UCF offers both 1/4" and 3/16" steel skids. You can also go with aluminum. I went with the 3/16" steel.

I believe it said you needed another product of theres to go with the skid but I can't remember what it was... Maybe it was a transmission mount or something.

I believe it said you needed another product of theres to go with the skid but I can't remember what it was... Maybe it was a transmission mount or something.
Yes. You either need to purchase their LoPro transmission mount, or have the equivalent body lift. I already had the 1" body lift, so I didn't need to purchase the LoPro. And, frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would. My understanding is that the LoPro is ~ $150 and you have to modify or trim it to work anyway...

Well here's what happened next. Wasn't satisfied with the bumper options for the TJ, and have always loved the Rugged Ridge XHD setup, but unfortunately they don't make the stubby/shorty ends for the TJ, only the JK. So what did I do? I bought a JK setup, and we made custom brackets to make it work ;) Added in some LED fogs, and the over rider hoop as well. I'll most likely be adding the stubby ends here shortly, but I'm kind of digging this look for now. Thing is built like a tank!

IMG_8098.JPG
IMG_8099.JPG
IMG_8100.JPG
IMG_8101.JPG
IMG_8170.JPG
IMG_8171.JPG
IMG_8172.JPG
IMG_8173.JPG

Last edited:
Very impressive. I like it! You also don't see that look on a TJ often, which makes it look even better.

Thanks Chris. It was fun figuring out how we were going to make it work, but super pumped with the way it turned out. Thinking I need to add those OME spring spacers on the front as the added weight of the plow hookup and this Rugged Ridge bumper have really brought the front back down, haha.