Crown drag link assembly (includes TRE and sleeve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Price
I have a brand new Crown drag link assembly for sale, Crown part number 52087887K. I ordered the incorrect ZJ tie rod from Extreme Terrain but the correct drag link, which is what's for sale. I returned then incorrect ZJ tie rod and then went to my local auto store to pick up a Moog tie rod. The local auto store also had the Moog drag link assembly, and I prefer to put all Moog parts in so that is why this Crown drag link assembly is for sale. Below is a link to the part that I received from Extreme Terrain, and I attached a few pics.

This is $83 brand new but goes for up to and over $100 at other stores. They offer free shipping as well, so to compete with those guys I can offer this for sale at $80, which includes shipping in the CONUS.

Any questions let me know

https://www.extremeterrain.com/crown-automotive-drag-link-assembly-9706-tj.html

20180201_090252.jpg

20180201_090238.jpg

20180201_090244.jpg

20180201_090236.jpg

the only thing im worried about here is where i can get just the ZJ Tie rod, everything i see is it coming in a kit with this drag link and both together are $170

the only thing im worried about here is where i can get just the ZJ Tie rod, everything i see is it coming in a kit with this drag link and both together are $170

The tie rod is part number Crown 52037996K

Summit Racing has it for $76 and other online retailers have it for a little more or a little less. So you can pick a vendor that you like, or have coupons from.

That Crown kit you are referring to has issues with our TJ/LJ because the drag link is for a ZJ and is configured slightly different than the TJ/LJ drag link. The size and strength are the same, but the connection to the tie rod is not a perfect match.

ok let me get a parts list together unless you still have yours and then ill let you know about this link.

ok let me get a parts list together unless you still have yours and then ill let you know about this link.

You would essentially buy two items, the Drag Link part I have for sale, and the tie rod. They all come with the tie rod ends and sleeves. So you would be looking at less than $150 going this way.

You can also piece together the parts, through Moog, but the cost then increases more than the Crown. It's all up to you if you want the more expensive Moog parts, or cheaper Crown parts.

this is what i have so far. im going to go through NAPA most likely i have a family member that can get me wholesale pricing. would need to purchase these 4 parts to create the tie rod and then get your drag link and id be set. will most likely be buying this off you this week. let me confer with the wife and ill let you know.

Tie Rod End (x2) NAPA#269-2788 Moog#ES3096L (1 at Pitman Arm and 1 at Driver's side wheel)
Adjusting Sleeve NAPA#269-1134 Moog#ES2079S
Tie Rod NAPA#269-6085 Moog#DS1312

on second thought i can subtract a tie rod end cause there is one on the drag link you are selling. so 3 parts total

on second thought i can subtract a tie rod end cause there is one on the drag link you are selling. so 3 parts total

Yes, what I am selling is the drag link, the tie rod that connects the drag link to Pittman arm, and the tie rod that connects to the steering knuckle, so three parts in total. If you zoom in on the first posts pics, you can see the castle nuts on the tie rod ends.

You still got this? Still free ship?
Still $70?
Only need to get a tj tierod?
If yes to these questions I will pm you Wednesday

Yes, I still have this
Yes, I will still ship for free within the CONUS
Yes, Still $70

The 4th question I do not understand, "Only need to get a tj tierod". What do you mean here, only need a tj tie rod to do what?

The tie rods on it are for zj ?
I'm not sure I've read the entire thing. And I'm still confused a bit. Doesn't take much for me to get there though.

The tie rods on it are for zj ?
I'm not sure I've read the entire thing. And I'm still confused a bit. Doesn't take much for me to get there though.

I don't think they are for the ZJ, but this is the part used for the TJ ZJ steering upgrade. A few other brands may be used as well, like Moog.

Status
Not open for further replies.