STICKY FSM (Factory Service Manual) Corrections

But I’d also love for us to get these corrections actually into the relevant sections of the doc.

Do you mean making each of these changes in each of the FSMs (97–06) that we have available for download?

Do we consider the diff cover bolt torque spec of 30lb-ft (p3-144 and 3-152) to be an error? From what I can tell they are 5/16" bolts and my Fastenal chart doesn't show any 5/16" hex head of any grade or thread pitch rated for that, with ASTM A574 fine thread, socket head cap screws being the lone exception.

If I'm wrong about this please let me know, and why.
30 lbs may be based on the differential material, not the bolt. They are very easy to strip out with too many ugga duggas.

30 lbs may be based on the differential material, not the bolt. They are very easy to strip out with too many ugga duggas.

My Fastenal chart shows about 18 for a course thread, 5/16" lubricated fastener. So I'm saying the spec should be less than 30.

I think that’s what I’m saying.

I like it. Would be a bit of a chore to make each change in each of the versions, but perhaps worth it.

We'd have to be sure we do it in a good/clean PDF. I know the pdf on this forum for the 97 model has some bigger problems, which Blaine pointed out in another thread.

He didn't really say how/why though, and that thread is now locked. I agree, 97 isn't the same quality that the others are. It seems to be more of a high quality scan or something compared to the others which were clearly digital documents from the outset.