Fuel economy with 32" tires?

What is the aspect? What is the rim size? Hard to know what size of tires "235" refers to without those.

235 can refer to a 26" tire all the way up to a 32" tire depending on the other factors.

What is the aspect? What is the rim size? Hard to know what size of tires "235" refers to without those.

235 can refer to a 26" tire all the way up to a 32" tire depending on the other factors.

X2. We need to know the entire tire size.

Sorry Chris lol

Just general questions at this point. It's the stock steel 15x7 wheel. So I'll be exploring options eventually

235/75/15 is what's mounted currently

32x10.5 maybe? Wider if I can without modifications as I drive this daily for work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
A stock, six cylinder TJ will push 31x10.50's around nicely without modification. Maybe some adjustment to the steering stops. Going to a 32x11.50 requires a bit more work and a few more parts. On road or off road?

Yep, a 31" tire (especially if it's an A/T tire and not an M/T tire, which is much heavier) will be just fine on most stock TJs (especially a 6 cylinder).

Your current tires are roughly 29", so going up to 31" wouldn't be that big. Sure, in a perfect world you'd still want to re-gear, but you really wouldn't need to, since 31" is still not huge.

As far as mpg goes, if you stick with an A/T tire as I suggested, I don't think you'd lose much mpg as long as you drive somewhat conservative. Maybe 1-2 mpg at most.

I'm not sure how much your speedo will be off, but it won't be terrible. The only time it will be considerably off is the faster you go (so 60mph + will start to really show). Changing the speedo gear is easy though, see here: Speedo Gear Change

Stick with a 31x10.5, especially on the 7" wide wheel and with no lift (you may be lifted, the avatar pic does not look like it). A 31 will also be easier on your stock gearing. If it is a daily driver there in no need to run a wider, taller, and heavier tire. The 31 is as common and available a tire as they come and they are a bit less expensive.

I have 32 inch tires on 15 inch rims and my speedometer is off by 4. Download an app like waze . It will tell you how fast you are actually going and compare it to the speedo. Nice Jeep!!!

You're going to be geared too tall. The Rubicon had 4.10 with 31,s, so that will hurt fuel economy more than anything else. Your speedo will be off, but by a percentage,not a single mph number. ( if it's off 4 mph at 30 mph, it will be 8 mph off at 60 mph).

Thanks for all the replies. I'll likely go with the 31x10.5

I'll need to post and ask for some pictures. Don't want something skinny tall...

Should be fine with the 44/30 3.73

Thanks for all the replies. I'll likely go with the 31x10.5

I'll need to post and ask for some pictures. Don't want something skinny tall...

Should be fine with the 44/30 3.73

The 3.73 should be fine with your combo. Anything bigger you need to start thinking gear swap. Here's mine on 31's at 1.25" over stock.
E1tqZ8Bg9WwljEtKT85-7jLJc7HGKLWfecgCjauzUD4vZAIreT4LG-PNs5u4qX4x5Cne-ZohjCNfjADMrF=w1135-h638-no.jpg

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
If you have the 3 speed auto, you'll be ok. The 5 speed stick, too tall. With the 4 speed auto, way too tall.

Here is mine...just put my 32s on my 15x8 wheels a couple hours ago. Changed the speedometer gear at the same time. I don't know the fuel economy yet since I only drive the 2 miles on Base to get to the shop and back.

Oh, no lift...waiting on that to come in. Will be adding 1.5" wheel spacers as well!

Oh, and this is the Auto Hobby Shop on the base here!!! It has everything you need to do just about anything....even mount and balance tires!!
20170812_140918.jpg

20170812_141009.jpg

Reactions: Chris and JMT