Fuel lines for 1997 TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

myjeep3

TJ Enthusiast
Hello guys. I would like to replace the fuel lines while the tub if off the frame but cannot find any.
I was able to order the brake lines kit, but cant find anything for the fuel lines.
Do anyone know where to get these lines? and how many are required ( I think 2 lines)

thanks

The ones I got from Morris where complete, fittings where needed, correct length and pre-bent where needed. Keep in mind that they and the brake lines are long, they will be folded up for shipping.

The ones I got from Morris where complete, fittings where needed, correct length and pre-bent where needed. Keep in mind that they and the brake lines are long, they will be folded up for shipping.

do you know which one from Morris you got? seem like it cames as a kit with the fittings. Are those a pain to put on?
By the way only 2 lines are needed on the TJ correct? All i remember is the long one from the engine to the fuel tank cracked when i was removing the tub. So didnt get a chance to see where they go and how many fuel lines were.

Yes 2 lines, one is the supply and other is the vapor. I must have checked out without signing in when I bought them so I can't find the order.

1569952408818.png

Yes 2 lines, one is the supply and other is the vapor. I must have checked out without signing in when I bought them so I can't find the order.

View attachment 118023
those on morris look different. The supply line is the one that goes from the engine to the tank, correct?
where the vapor line goes from and to?

both of those part number are still available 52127502 and 52127601
Nice..both for under $100.. but i dont see the connector piece that connects to the fuel rail. is that a separate part?

There are three pressure lines in the TJ. One is a short flexible hose with quick release fittings from the pump to the fuel pipe on the frame. The other end of the frame fuel pipe (near the motor) connects to a multi-piece hose/pipe line to the injector fuel rail. The short hose by the tank, and the pipe on the frame are available, but the hose/pipe section in the engine bay has been discontinued and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

The other smaller pipe on the frame and the rubber hoses connected to it are just an evaporative vapor line. I just bent some generic brake line to copy the shape and used bulk fuel hose to replace it. It doesn't carry any liquid, just vapors. good luck

There are three pressure lines in the TJ. One is a short flexible hose with quick release fittings from the pump to the fuel pipe on the frame. The other end of the frame fuel pipe (near the motor) connects to a multi-piece hose/pipe line to the injector fuel rail. The short hose by the tank, and the pipe on the frame are available, but the hose/pipe section in the engine bay has been discontinued and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

The other smaller pipe on the frame and the rubber hoses connected to it are just an evaporative vapor line. I just bent some generic brake line to copy the shape and used bulk fuel hose to replace it. It doesn't carry any liquid, just vapors. good luck

So you are saying 3 pressure lines that makes 1 long line correct?
On the attached image i can see that small fitting between the line from rail and the line from the pump.. what i need is the piece from rail down to the fitting circled in red on this pic..
On the vapor line i need most of the line as its rusted and broke in few places..

Does the vapor lines have a quick disconnect also or is it just a line that connects to rubber hose on each end?? Where do the vapor line connects too at the tank?? I dont want to connect the vap line where the pressure line goes

20191006_163303.jpg

So you are saying 3 pressure lines that makes 1 long line correct?
On the attached image i can see that small fitting between the line from rail and the line from the pump.. what i need is the piece from rail down to the fitting circled in red on this pic..
On the vapor line i need most of the line as its rusted and broke in few places..

Does the vapor lines have a quick disconnect also or is it just a line that connects to rubber hose on each end?? Where do the vapor line connects too at the tank?? I dont want to connect the vap line where the pressure line goes

View attachment 118642
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Yes there are three fuel line sections in total from the tank to the rail. The fuel line from the rail to the frame shown in your pic is the one I cannot find for the 6 cyl (the 4 cyl line is still available but it's too short to reach the 6cyl fuel injector rail). I have not found any aftermarket premade lines for the engine bay so you may have to go to a race shop and have them fabricate a high pressure line with the appropriate quick disconnects.

The vapor line is the same diameter as the brake lines, and the rubber hoses just slip on the ends, no quick disconnects. You'd be unable to mix up the vapor line and pressure fuel line as they are radically different. As I mentioned, you can just make the vapor line and vapor hoses from cheap bulk brake line and fuel hose from any parts store and just hand bend it to match the routing.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Yes there are three fuel line sections in total from the tank to the rail. The fuel line from the rail to the frame shown in your pic is the one I cannot find for the 6 cyl (the 4 cyl line is still available but it's too short to reach the 6cyl fuel injector rail). I have not found any aftermarket premade lines for the engine bay so you may have to go to a race shop and have them fabricate a high pressure line with the appropriate quick disconnects.

The vapor line is the same diameter as the brake lines, and the rubber hoses just slip on the ends, no quick disconnects. You'd be unable to mix up the vapor line and pressure fuel line as they are radically different. As I mentioned, you can just make the vapor line and vapor hoses from cheap bulk brake line and fuel hose from any parts store and just hand bend it to match the routing.

Thanks for the reply..fortune i think i do not neet the pressure line..just the vapor line rotted.. will double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.