Fuel pump assembly doesn't fit

Camhabib

TJ Enthusiast
I have a 98 Sahara that I went to install a new gas pump assembly in today. I went with a Delphi (FG1353) until I could have a chance to rebuild the current Mopar one since I could t find an OR assembly. Went to go place it in the tank today and it doesn’t fit. It’s about an inch too tall. I checked the part coming off and it is 52018767AD, which I couldn’t even find much on google about. I’m pretty stuck with this one. Any thoughts?

9D7FD333-AAF5-475B-9AC2-BD79637FC135.jpeg

07E5EE66-059C-4F6B-9E18-3ED5E687C905.jpeg

E0DC776A-0C47-4D31-B0AA-497919A25F2A.jpeg

So out of the pot and into the frying pan. Broke the tiny T connector on the vapor line. Any idea where I can get a new one, or even what the dimensions are?

Last edited:
Haha I did the exact same thing as you a couple months ago, even posted about the fuel pump assembly not fitting. I believe the T fitting is 5/16 on one and 1/4 on the 2 smaller ends. Was a pain trying to find one here in Canada, I ended just JB welding mine back together...

Haha I did the exact same thing as you a couple months ago, even posted about the fuel pump assembly not fitting. I believe the T fitting is 5/16 on one and 1/4 on the 2 smaller ends. Was a pain trying to find one here in Canada, I ended just JB welding mine back together...
I really hope I'm not stuck doing that - the smaller of the two sizes is going to be hard to glue back together without clogging up, and it broke right at the base, meaning I can't even try to get the hose on it some other way.

I really hope I'm not stuck doing that - the smaller of the two sizes is going to be hard to glue back together without clogging up, and it broke right at the base, meaning I can't even try to get the hose on it some other way.

Yeah mine was at the base as well, cleaned and scuffed the surface with some sandpaper. Use a drop of super glue on the break to hold it together, then put the JB weld on around the outside. Hopefully it holds.

So out of the pot and into the frying pan. Broke the tiny T connector on the vapor line. Any idea where I can get a new one, or even what the dimensions are?

I did something similar. I bought a brass barb at Lowes, inserted into the hose and coated the outside with sealant. There's no large pressure on the hose.

There are several new UV glues on the market that might be a useful fix. No personal experience, but have only heard good about them. They don't harden until you want them to.

Figured this out in a roundabout sort of way. Picked up a 1/4” tee connector, a small section of 1/4” tube, and a 1/4” to 3/16” adapter. All fit together perfectly, though the existing 1/4” tube looks rather shot, so I may replace that soon.

One last question about this (thanks for putting up with me): the plug for the new pump fits into the old harness, but it doesn't click lock. Am I missing something or should is there a solution for this (aside from tape)?

Haha I had this issue too, the Delphi module's plug doesn't have the taper in it like the oem plug and so the weather seal is not going into the plug and getting squished and preventing the plug from going all the way in. You can try taper the edges of the plug, I broke mine when I tried to force the lock and I ended up just cutting off the old oem plug and soldering it on to the new module.

I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the pins from the plug and just swap plugs.

Reactions: MountaineerTom