Fuel Pump Replacement

I need a new fuel pump and was wondering if this is the right Bosch Fuel pump? I have a 15 gallon tank and am not sure if this one if for the 19 gallon tank or if it works for both?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BZJDK2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Are you absolutely certain that your '02 has a 15 gallon fuel tank? I was under the impression that sometime in '99, they switched over to 19 gallon tanks. If it is a 19 gallon tank, the 67655 is the one you want. Unfortunately, Bosch has discontinued those (look up "A word from Bosch" here in the TJ General Discussion section). However, some Advanced Auto stores still have some inventory. See if you can order one from them. Of course, start by being sure of the size of your tank. I'd bet it's actually a 19 gallon.

So I've been doing some reading and was surprised that they all came with a 19 gallon tank because my Jeep which is a Sahara only fills up to 15 gallons on empty. I have been reading about the gas tank mod which I may try.

Reactions: Squatch
Okay, so the 67655 is the pump you want. When I got on the Advanced Auto website, they had some "$50 off" coupon, or something, if ordered online. I picked it up at my local store. Was a screaming deal (I want to say $231, plus tax...?). Anyhow, I'd go that route. If you cannot get one in your area, I will check out my area, and see if we can't get you one.

Reactions: KCsTJ
So I've been doing some reading and was surprised that they all came with a 19 gallon tank because my Jeep which is a Sahara only fills up to 15 gallons on empty. I have been reading about the gas tank mod which I may try.
When your gauge says empty. Or you are truly out of gas. The TJ has never been accurate on it fuel gauge.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I found only one available near me (well, 25 miles from me). Then only one other store south of Seattle that has one. All the other stores are Out of Stock. I'd suggest that you move quickly if you are going to try and purchase a Bosch unit, as the supply is rapidly depleting. There were far more available locally (to me) when the announcement was made of it being discontinued. I was shocked at how quickly they're disappearing!

Maybe the PO installed a 15 gallon fuel pump and thats why its reading wrong?
Nope. There are hundreds of posts on this forum about how much gas is left once the light goes on. The tj is very conservative about the low fuel light. 4 gallons is about average. I will try to find that thread

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Nope. There are hundreds of posts on this forum about how much gas is left once the light goes on. The tj is very conservative about the low fuel light. 4 gallons is about average. I will try to find that thread
So when on red I really have a quarter tank left?

Not extremely below but enough to know its a 19 gallon tank.
You almost certainly have a 19 gallon tank. Have you checked your build sheet? IIRC, it's listed there.

Interesting thing about the fuel light. Before I replaced my pump with the Bosch unit, my low fuel light would come on with about 4 gallons left. After replacement, the light is pretty accurate... Last time I bought gas, I got 18+ gallons in, and probably drove 30 miles after the light.

Reactions: KCsTJ