Full door lock cylinder bezel

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Some jackass tried to break into my TJ last night, and just managed to bend up the lock bezel...is the circled part below able to be purchased separately in anyone's experience? That's what got bent up as they tried some stupid method to open the door.

upload_2018-3-16_9-20-13.png

The lock still works fine, and I'd rather not replace and re-key the cylinder if possible. Thanks.

I looked before for the same reason and didn't have much luck, but that was some time ago. I ended up buying a complete new set and just used the bezel.

I've seen them on ebay and such, but to tell the truth, they're the same price, if not cheaper, as if you just bought the whole lock cylinder, took the bezel off and threw the lock away.

I also have the set of half doors I bought back from my 1997 TJ. If those bezels are the same, I'll just straighten out the bent full door bezel, then switch them out. I don't really care what the lock bezels look like on the half doors. They're not going to be used all the time anyway.

Reactions: lowranger
That shows two lock cylinders and two keys, which isn't bad. How does one know it is for a 2004? Are all years 1997-2006 the same?

I read somewhere a few minutes ago that 2001-2006 are the same, just can't remember where I read that.

Was watching a video on rekeying these locks. Apparently the bezels can be gotten from a lock Smith shop for about 50 cents.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Was watching a video on rekeying these locks. Apparently the bezels can be gotten from a lock Smith shop for about 50 cents.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
Great idea, thanks! I have a locksmith within a mile of my place.