Full weather cover suggestions

tjryder

Hi,

To protect my 2001 TJ Sahara - I bought RAMPAGE 1201 Custom Car Cover; 4 Layer cover.

It is a tight fit with standard setup - so I had some problem to squeze it over winch and front bull bar.

But after one year I can say that the product is POS!

Ripped appart by sun. And I am not the only one after reading a lot of reviews and ratings... Moderate climate here.

IMG_20190902_170428-1.jpg

For sure there is a better solution. Which one do you use and would suggest?

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I have bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VWEBAM/?tag=wranglerorg-20
It is a Rampage product but the number is: 2201R

I've had it for several years now for use in Florida where it rains everyday and mine is still perfect. I haven't used it in a while as I no longer live there but really the best foul weather cover is going to be a soft top. Its truly the best of all worlds. You can easily take it off or put it down, plus you have the ability to transform it to Safari top mode, and you can easily put all the windows in to make it completely weatherproof when needed. I should have just gone this route in the first place. Get a nice Bestop soft top!

Thank you for suggestion.
I checked the Amazon and customer feedbacks. Not waterproof. Leaks. Several oppinions of this problem.

Any other suggestion?

Thank you for suggestion.
I checked the Amazon and customer feedbacks. Not waterproof. Leaks. Several oppinions of this problem.

Any other suggestion?
Well i'm telling you mine does not leak, thats why I was suggesting it. I would not recommend a bad product. Also my other suggestion was a good soft top. That would solve all problems like I mentioned above.

Reactions: tjryder
I do not use ragtop at all. Stored in the attic. I have hardtop on all the time. It is the sunrays that destroy the interior and dump that create rust what I am after... Rampage to me - lost trust. And I always read bad reviews first.

Well i'm telling you mine does not leak, thats why I was suggesting it. I would not recommend a bad product. Also my other suggestion was a good soft top. That would solve all problems like I mentioned above.
I am sure you would not suggest something bad. Obviously quality is not consistent. 1201 that I bought - some people love it, some had it disapeared before their eyes - like me...

Yeah I did not get that you were trying to protect your hardtop from the sun. Unfortunately I do not know of any really good covers for a hardtop that will be completely waterproof and UV-proof for a long term solution besides a garage/carport type thing. We once bought a canvas carport that has a steel frame with a 3-piece canvas that drapes over it and bolts together. That lasted a couple years before the sun ate it up then you can buy replacement canvas and keep the frame.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TZGYJ33/?tag=wranglerorg-20

or you could just have your hardtop hit with Line-X Platinum! https://linex.com/bedliners/platinum ;)

Carport also not an option. U fortunatley. Stuck to car cover solution and looking for best option.

@EJD: BTW - My forest green Sahara look just like yours :)

Trail Rig only 100-% Topless. I am looking for a Trail Cover that does not use the soft top channel to secure the rear. From What I have seen they all do that. I need a little more material to cover the edge and loops to bungy it down. Any Suggestion

44993893_10214349371662483_411661512831139840_n.jpg

Carport also not an option. U fortunatley. Stuck to car cover solution and looking for best option.

@EJD: BTW - My forest green Sahara look just like yours :)

I've been using CoverCraft covers from BigSkyCarCovers.com for nearly two decades now, I've found them to hold up well. The WeatherShield HD is the option I've always used for outdoors. Thay aren't exactly cheap but I really care about the cars that I need to cover when they're outside, so I think it's worth it.