Fun Opening Day Idaho Elk Season And Snow

Halfstock

TJ Enthusiast
Opening Day for Idaho Panhandle General Elk Season, and we had some fresh tracking snow to hunt in! Too made a memorable day getting around in the TJ.
20191010_170658.jpg

You could possibly benefit from some limb risers driving on overgrown trails like that!

When I drove through ID a week and a half ago it was snowing pretty good then, made it through Lookout Pass and 4th of July Pass before the heavy stuff really came down though.

See any elk out there at all? I've seen quite a few here since moving to OR.

Elk have somewhat readjusted their habits since the wolves have invaded Idaho, and I'm seeing some rebound to their numbers. Quite a few elk now remain all year in the lowlands, near people and habitation to avoid the wolves.
Screenshot_20191010-162955_USB Media Explorer.jpg

Had this little guy on trailcam Wednesday...sure would like to see the bull that put a hurt on him! This poor little raghorn got really beat up during the rut!

Fun stuff.

I was going to suggest the exact same thing after seeing the beginning of his video. I think I'd give 'em a try, if'n it was me. ;)

Indeed, some limb risers are on the immediate to-do list! Just need to get into the shop and fab some brackets, cut some cable and get the project done!

Reactions: Squatch