Funny times with the kids

RussTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Thinking back on past Christmases and I was reminded of this story. Back when my daughter, Rachel, was six she said that she wanted to have a Secret Santa gift exchange with the family. The school put on a sale where kids could buy gifts for $1 apiece. The kids loved it and were able to buy their loved ones a gift. We agreed that the Secret Santa idea was top notch and quickly wrote all of our names on paper and put them in a hat. We then drew names and were all silently giving thoughts to the name we’d drawn when our four year old son, Cameron, screamed, “I CAN’T READ!”. We’d overlooked this issue and quickly put pictures into the hat and Operation Secret Santa began. A belated Merry Christmas to you all.

Haha, great story! You can never forget those times! Our oldest is 6, but even that time has gone by so fast.

Reactions: RussTJ
My youngest is 26. His 2nd Christmas he was old enough to remember it. He walked in Christmas morning and looked at all the toys and wonderment under the tree, then looked at the TV and asked to watch Barney. LOL.

Now his girlfriend has a little girl that age and he’s getting to experience all the fun times with little ones. It’s great having your kids grow up and turn into good adults and be on their own, but you still miss the little versions on them sometimes too. : )