Fuse 27 blows as soon as I replace it

PriddyBoy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Fuse 27 pops as soon as I replace it. Also I have no brake, turn or flashers. All of them including the Jeep were off when I replaced it. Could it be the MFSW it self? Any help is appreciated.

God Doesn’t Like Ugly!!! That’s Why He Made Me Priddy!!!

Did you do something recently or modify something to cause this?

Sounds like there's a bad connection somewhere in the circuit.

Added led tail lights and changed the blinker relay but that was several moths ago. This just happened recently

I just replaced the led relay with the factory one and I got all the lights back. Drivers side blinker doesn’t blink it makes a buzzing sound. Passenger side and brakes work fine.

When you say the brakes work fine, do you mean both rears light up? Do all the parking lights work? The rear brake lights, turn signals, and emergency flashers all use the same lights, do some or all of them work on both rears? Do the parking lights and backup lights work on both rears?

I'd pull the driver's side tail light and check for a good ground or any wires pinched against metal or insulation cut or pealed off.

If you don't see any problem, disconnect the left tail light and see if the front turn signals work.

Check connector C1 at the MFS. With the installation of LED lights and them not properly contained with ferrite beads, it causes EMF and EMI interference which will burn the C1 connector. It is a poor design as they've got two power wires and ground Source within three small cavities.

Reactions: Fonz54