Future off road trailer

Baird

27C7A84F-7DEA-4F05-A8AA-273A4AFE4E00.jpeg
5FDC83E0-1E60-4F9F-9D98-EA312DF70BCF.jpeg
4A90D8FB-5BFF-48F0-9C47-077383C2AE1A.jpeg
Picked up this little jewel on Monday. I have wanted a trailer for my jeep ever since I purchased it. We all know how limited space is in a jeep and I love to go camping. I have seen some really nice builds from scratch and that’s the way I was going to go but for $300 I couldn’t pass this deal up. I have a lot of irons in the fire so this won’t be a fast build but I already have a few ideas and can’t wait to show the progress. Ideas are always welcome.

View attachment 37212 View attachment 37209 View attachment 37210 Picked up this little jewel on Monday. I have wanted a trailer for my jeep ever since I purchased it. We all know how limited space is in a jeep and I love to go camping. I have seen some really nice builds from scratch and that’s the way I was going to go but for $300 I couldn’t pass this deal up. I have a lot of irons in the fire so this won’t be a fast build but I already have a few ideas and can’t wait to show the progress. Ideas are always welcome.
That looks like a good foundation for a build. Have fun with it.

You'll find lots of good ideas here ...
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/expedition-trailers.42/

Reactions: Baird
That's a great start. I would have like to have started with that. What are your plans? I know I would wake up every morning with the next page. lol

I would like to add that trailer brakes and a axle rated for over 2500Lbs is good. I couldn't pull my camping off road trailer without the trailer brakes.

Reactions: Baird
It was used to haul dogs. We have a lot of wild hogs in this area and a lot of people use dogs to hunt them. I get too attached to my dogs to use them to hunt hogs. Hahaha. I use traps and have trapped thousands of hogs.
7867BD51-085D-4910-84CB-31F6CB7D3721.jpeg

Reactions: Dawghouse
View attachment 37212View attachment 37209View attachment 37210 Picked up this little jewel on Monday. I have wanted a trailer for my jeep ever since I purchased it. We all know how limited space is in a jeep and I love to go camping. I have seen some really nice builds from scratch and that’s the way I was going to go but for $300 I couldn’t pass this deal up. I have a lot of irons in the fire so this won’t be a fast build but I already have a few ideas and can’t wait to show the progress. Ideas are always welcome.
Very cool. What was it built to do ?

Any progress?
Sadly there has been no progress yet except gathering materials. Life has been in the way. Jeep was t boned last may, daughter totaled wife’s car, bought a boat to fish out of to keep my teenage son and myself out of trouble. I have plans that i hope to start building soon. Not enough time or money in a day. Hahaha