FYI USAA has Goodyear discount 25% off

Wish I had USAA!
I am retired military and therefore many people I know are military and my town has deep military ties. There are a lot of people who will not touch USAA. A good friend had a homeowners claim of less than $2k. When he moved to a new house they would not cover him. I do have USAA. When I switched from Statefarm a couple of years ago I got better coverage for about the same price.

Reactions: qslim and Chris
I am retired military and therefore many people I know are military and my town has deep military ties. There are a lot of people who will not touch USAA. A good friend had a homeowners claim of less than $2k. When he moved to a new house they would not cover him. I do have USAA. When I switched from Statefarm a couple of years ago I got better coverage for about the same price.
I have USAA and will never switch to me they're the best.ins.banking.always treat me great.

very easy to get any one related to you at all in the military can get you in.... I guarantee no one beats there car insurance pricing.
Just having a relative in the military doesn't qualify you for USAA. They have to have USAA already, or did in the past, if deceased. If they were simply a veteran, or currently in the military, but did/do not have USAA, you're out of luck. My dad was retired AF, and did not have USAA, so they turned me down.

very easy to get any one related to you at all in the military can get you in.... I guarantee no one beats there car insurance pricing.

This is going to sound like a commercial but I switched to Geico and saved nearly 50% over what I was paying USAA for over a decade. The USAA rep explained to me that they are unbeatable for younger folks in the military or families just starting out, but once you get to an older station in life they can't really compete from a volume standpoint like the larger carriers. It pays to shop around every now and then.

Reactions: Hound Dog and StG58
Can you elaborate how you got the 25%? Was it a member shop thing? Did a search on the app and cant seem to find it.

Can you elaborate how you got the 25%? Was it a member shop thing? Did a search on the app and cant seem to find it.
I'm retired an constantly get calls for quotes on car ins.an nobody can beat them, but I also have a lot of other services{investments, home ins, credit,checking}I was looking at my ins on my rubi.and saw a usaa ad an clicked on it an it show stuff with discounts I clicked on the Goodyear ad an it takes you to Goodyear website, you pick want you want and location and at checkout you get the code applied for the discount,my I live in the middle of nowhere az so the discount didn't apply so I called Goodyear and they said just order the tire when they get to the shop I pick they'll manualy do the discount.

I left usaa years ago, got better insurance rates and banking rates at a local credit union. Plus I can walk into my bank. USAA was always a good bit higher than any other insurance quote.

Oh man, good thing I looked at this, i need new rubber, buuuuut all depends on what its going to cost me for a new Central Air system on the house tomorrow...