G2 Core 44 Axle Assembly, Dana 35 upgrade, Dana 44

It really depends on what a person is doing with their Jeep…
I agree with you there, seems to depend a lot on the driver. I wonder how the success/ failure rate can be attributed to the 2 door/ 4 door variable with the added vehicle weight?

Apparently your parents educated you poorly on the traits of childhood mythological characters. The EB drops little nuggets here and there, some are fit for consumption, some are not. Don't confuse the two.

I'll take a peek at one today and see.

They are the same crew that walked away from Drivetrain Direct and started Alloy USA. Not a fan of their business methodology.
Did you get a chance to look at that Currie housing?

Also, why doesn't any of the custom axle manufacturers build a TJ width front 44 with JK outers...steering?

Also, why doesn't any of the custom axle manufacturers build a TJ width front 44 with JK outers...steering?
Tj track bar location does not lend itself to cross-over steering.

Please forgive my ignorance on this, ( and correct me if Im wrong), but I am also in the same boat (jeep). I am thinking about swapping to a 44 30spline high pinion but adding chromoly RCV axles. I don't think ill ever run anything larger than 32's, so i think I'll be ok with out risking too much torque or twisting the shafts at any time.
Thoughts?

Please forgive my ignorance on this, ( and correct me if Im wrong), but I am also in the same boat (jeep). I am thinking about swapping to a 44 30spline high pinion but adding chromoly RCV axles. I don't think ill ever run anything larger than 32's, so i think I'll be ok with out risking too much torque or twisting the shafts at any time.
Thoughts?
From my research and what the gurus of this forum have said. S35 kit with 1541H Revolution shafts, locker of choice is fine for 33s or smaller. some wheel 35s on S30 and s35 kit in rough terrain no probs.

From my research and what the gurus of this forum have said. S35 kit with 1541H Revolution shafts, locker of choice is fine for 33s or smaller. some wheel 35s on S30 and s35 kit in rough terrain no probs.
A Dana 35 is totally fine with 35's and a locker on very tough terrain once a Super 35 kit with 30 spline 1541H axle shafts has been installed.

Reactions: FarminAg
A Dana 35 is totally fine with 35's and a locker on very tough terrain once a Super 35 kit with 30 spline 1541H axle shafts has been installed.
Jerry, do you have any experience with "new design" E-Locker that supposedly doesn't have the cams and roller bearings that cause the locker to disengage when changing directions?

Jerry, do you have any experience with "new design" E-Locker that supposedly doesn't have the cams and roller bearings that cause the locker to disengage when changing directions?
Not a lick but that trait you described is way overblown by the internet.

Reactions: SvtLdr
Haha what isnt, id like to know of a situation it hindered someone. Hard decision dropping hard earned cash on a locker.
I can honestly say it's a non-issue. I have E- lockers in both axles. Going from forward to reverse (or visa versa) while locked produces zero noticeable issues.

Literally just watched a youtube of him describing his favorite combination.
What kind of Limited Slip comes in the stock Dana 44??? Is it a clutch type like the newer Wranglers or a geared Detroit TracLok type??? Have searched the site and don't find any description.

What kind of Limited Slip comes in the stock Dana 44??? Is it a clutch type like the newer Wranglers or a geared Detroit TracLok type??? Have searched the site and don't find any description.
Clutch based Tracloc. The Detroit Truetrac is a geared LSD.

Awesome! I was following this post and trying to figure out if the S35 would work. Thank you for the help, I will be looking into this kit.

Reactions: FarminAg and SvtLdr
Awesome! I was following this post and trying to figure out if the S35 would work. Thank you for the help, I will be looking into this kit.
I built a Super35 and have had great luck on 35" tires. I've started doing a lot more rocks in the past 2 years with it and it's held up really well. Do your research and feel free to ask any questions. There's plenty of us with Super35 kits and good reports to give.

Reactions: Irun and FarminAg
I built a Super35 and have had great luck on 35" tires. I've started doing a lot more rocks in the past 2 years with it and it's held up really well. Do your research and feel free to ask any questions. There's plenty of us with Super35 kits and good reports to give.
Thank you!

Reactions: SvtLdr
I built a Super35 and have had great luck on 35" tires. I've started doing a lot more rocks in the past 2 years with it and it's held up really well. Do your research and feel free to ask any questions. There's plenty of us with Super35 kits and good reports to giv
From what I've figured out S35 kit with e locker aprox 1250... vs Core 44 or ECGs 44 with locker for 3600 or more... I'm going to regear so some of that cost is offset when buying a full replacement rear end. but like 300. so I can regear and s35 for 1250 plus 600 for gears so 1850 plus 3-800 installation depending on where I have the work done. I know enough to know not to try regearing and shimming or setting backlash on my own. anyways 2150-2650 vs 3600 plus for assembled axle to bolt in. I'm gearing to 4.56 and will prob never jump to 35's, if I do I'll do it when I S30 the front end with 4340 shafts ($2000) and another locker and regear to 4.88s. Thats my plan, wrong or right lol. I"ve been wanting to put lockers in this jeep since 2003 or when I learned of the first Rubicon. I always assumed I'd buy another jeep that was a rubicon or buy new D44s. But the S30 S35 combo seems to make the most sense and be the cheapest for me! These guys on the forum helped a ton.

Edit: When referring to S30 I just meant upgraded 4340 27 spline shafts. Not 30 spline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun