Gaia GPS app

I use OSMand, free and worth every penny. Offline topos and all. If you can work with GPX files it is easy otherwise might be better to pay. Apple or Android?

I use it on an iPad and love it. I have it mounted to the grab handle and pair it with a Garmin GLO 2 that sits in the top dash tray.

I use it on an iPad and love it. I have it mounted to the grab handle and pair it with a Garmin GLO 2 that sits in the top dash tray.
Where do you get the files for the trails? I know trails Offroad has some but for instance I want to do the hole in the rock trail in Utah, is it on there?

I use it. Run on a mini and ram mount.

I download the maps through the program. It allows you to grab areas and store them for offline use. I’m going to upgrade to to the premium version, it allows you to layer maps which is handy if your exploring and looking for a place to camp, to watch weather patterns too. I really like it, watch a few YouTube videos. I think one of the major overlanding channels (can’t remember his channel name) does a great tutorial that runs down the features and capabilities.

I use it. Run on a mini and ram mount.

I download the maps through the program. It allows you to grab areas and store them for offline use. I’m going to upgrade to to the premium version, it allows you to layer maps which is handy if your exploring and looking for a place to camp, to watch weather patterns too. I really like it, watch a few YouTube videos. I think one of the major overlanding channels (can’t remember his channel name) does a great tutorial that runs down the features and capabilities.
I think Trail Recon was going to put something together on his E3 Overland site, I’ll have to see if he’s done.

I’m interested since it’s 40% off for the 4th.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I think Trail Recon was going to put something together on his E3 Overland site, I’ll have to see if he’s done.

I’m interested since it’s 40% off for the 4th.

I thought I did good when I got 15% off! I’d jump for sure and I’m sure he will do an excellent job on it.

I’ve been really happy with Gaia, any trails it doesn’t know I download from TrailsOffroad.com. It isn’t easy to use at first, but that’s just a matter of usage time.

Reactions: Rick Flair
We have it and swear by it. The layering options available are many. Current weather and forecasts, cell coverage, game units, public and private lands, FS roads and trails. It’s a great tool to have.