Garage accident...

@Jerry Bransford shared a similar scary shop moment with us a while back. I think back at all the times I've worked on my jeep and have done stupid stuff that could of potentially not ended well. Stories like this make one step back for a moment, so we appreciate you sharing your experience.

@Jerry Bransford shared a similar scary shop moment with us a while back. I think back at all the times I've worked on my jeep and have done stupid stuff that could of potentially not ended well. Stories like this make one step back for a moment, so we appreciate you sharing your experience.
I remember reading the story. Got his arm stuck, if I recall correctly. Yup. Things can and do happen. The thing about being at home and out in the garage or shop is that more times than not, we're out there alone. It's the one time I actually appreciate cell phones. If the need ever arose, it's that one connection that might just save your ass...

I remember reading the story. Got his arm stuck, if I recall correctly. Yup. Things can and do happen. The thing about being at home and out in the garage or shop is that more times than not, we're out there alone. It's the one time I actually appreciate cell phones. If the need ever arose, it's that one connection that might just save your ass...
So very true.....I've been working on things and stop and think......can I get hurt doing this? Maybe ......I look to see where my cell phone is and can I reach it if I were to get hurt. Several times I have moved the cell phone closer or have put it in my pocket or back in the holder on my belt.

Reactions: Squatch
I can’t even imagine! I’m not able to grow a beard like that but man it looks and seems painful. I was embarrassed to show you guys the stitches in my head from hitting the bumper. I laid down for a minute because it was my temple area and my wife got home with some groceries and said “you’re bleeding “ as she walked by. Anyways, glad you’re alright!! Here’s my after pic. 4 stitched and it doesn’t look like much now that they’re out.
bbd98d462d5af974c70bf999869a2d6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jerry Bransford shared a similar scary shop moment with us a while back.
Which one? :D As an adult, I never had anything more serious than a black eye from my hard top on a hoist swinging into it, and several big drops of molten steel dripping down between my toes while trying to do a quick weld while wearing flip-flops. Yowsa.

Edit: Oh wait I almost forgot that most recent one you're thinking of where my arm got trapped above the rear axle after the Jeep came off the jack. When it first happened I thought I had either lost the arm or it was broken. Lucikly it was just cut & bruised. Big scare for sure.

Glad you're (mostly) ok Squatch, things could have turned out a lot worse. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
Just last weekend I was trying to raise up the passenger side rear fiberglass leaf spring on my C3 Corvette, used a bottle jack to lift it, ( of course it was on an angle), As I was trying to thread on the castle nut the jack blew out, spring came down and split my thumb, blood all over the tool box and trailed to the sink. Now luckily was not standing in front of the jack as it blew 5 feet straight across into the drivers side wheel. That would have been bad, right in the head.

With all these serious accidents I feel I should share @Dave K. ”accident”. About a month ago while at work he texted me and said he smashed his finger. I asked him if he needed me to come get him and he said no and heard no more. I didn’t think much because he’s always getting bumps and bruises. He got home at 10pm after his shift . I was my crabby self getting woke up . He was standing by me watching the tv and I looked up and saw this.
78297727-08CB-4943-950B-8AD9C051D5FA.jpeg

I said “why does your finger look shorter “ almost as though I was pissed. He said “well if you weren’t so crabby I would have told you after I texted you the nurse at work took me to the hospital and my finger was totally smashed and had to get the tip cut off”. I was so upset saying why didn’t you call me , or tell me. He let me carry on for about 30 seconds which was long enough when he then showed me this
4BE8AB07-CDA7-479D-A1B8-231483AD7FBD.jpeg

And said “just kidding”. Yup. That’s what I’m dealing with !
By the way, he had smashed his finger pretty bad, but didn’t lose it, but might have some nerve damage .

With all these serious accidents I feel I should share @Dave K. ”accident”. About a month ago while at work he texted me and said he smashed his finger. I asked him if he needed me to come get him and he said no and heard no more. I didn’t think much because he’s always getting bumps and bruises. He got home at 10pm after his shift . I was my crabby self getting woke up . He was standing by me watching the tv and I looked up and saw this.
View attachment 35108
I said “why does your finger look shorter “ almost as though I was pissed. He said “well if you weren’t so crabby I would have told you after I texted you the nurse at work took me to the hospital and my finger was totally smashed and had to get the tip cut off”. I was so upset saying why didn’t you call me , or tell me. He let me carry on for about 30 seconds which was long enough when he then showed me this
View attachment 35117
By the way, he had smashed his finger pretty bad, but didn’t lose it, but might have some nerve damage .
I am so going to do that to my wife!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

It's not just accidents in the garage. My wife's friend took her left thumb off at the knuckle...

...with the string on a crossbow. Got it just a little too high up on the front grip and pulled the trigger.

Life is not safe. You have to be mindful at all times. Even then, nobody gets out alive.

View attachment 35108
View attachment 35117
A cruel joke, to be sure, but funny as hell!!! He got ya good, kid! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Kathy