Gas prices today...

I hope it stays low until Spring, when its time to sell my boat. Low gas prices means people want the big engines (mine is a 300 HP 350 CI SBC). Gets about 6 MPG, if I'm cruising at 35...with a 6 GPH consumption rate. Its a 60 gallon tank too!

It was 2.07 on Monday in Ohio, on Tuesday they had a news story about it going down to 1.98, by the end of the day it was 2.45, so yeah, someone sneezed in Saudi Arabia

Reactions: DuncLJ
It was 2.07 on Monday in Ohio, on Tuesday they had a news story about it going down to 1.98, by the end of the day it was 2.45, so yeah, someone sneezed in Saudi Arabia

Many places still below 2.00 here in Toledo. I think I'll fill up on my way home!

Reactions: Ohio Kirk
Crap! @ 3.785 liters to 1 US gal that's 8.89 NZD at the pump / US gal. However at the current exchange rate (1 NZD = .69 USD) the equivalent price at your pump is 1.62 USD/liter or 6.13 USD/gal. Yikes!

Looks like the tax portion of that is ~.80 cents (NZD) / liter or ~2.08 of tax / US gal.
I thought my calculations were off haha...but still over $6.00 a US/Gal is CRAZY!!….
This is the main reason why I can daily drive mine....I'd be broke I a week

Last edited: