Gas Prices

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Try to beat this, Hwy 93, Saskatchewan Crossing, Alberta

Thats price per litre, 4 litres to a US gallon....

Sask Crossing.jpg

$2.47 +/- per US Gallon for regular around here. How much are you paying in taxes on that? I'd be cussing under my breath and trying to figure out something different...

Reactions: Chris
Man, that is insane. It's $2.25ish in my neck of the woods today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
You Cans must have been paying out the azz when gas was at it's peak some years back. We were paying an average of about 4.00/gal.

I started driving in 84 and gas was somewhere in the high .70 to low .80 cent/gal range. We would put 94 octane leaded from 76 on hot rodding days at the astronomical price of 1.00/gal :D

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Last week it was $1.89. this week its $1.95. really pisses me off. And we make gasoline at the Plants here.
My first 1970 Camaro it was 7 Cents a gallon and had gas wars down to 4 Cents.
My, things have changed.
I don't know if I'm more jelous of the 70 1/2 Camaro or the 7 cent gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589
When visiting Hawaii island, it's always eye opening at the pumps. Actually it hasnt been to bad over the last few trips. $2.99

Everything in Hawaii is eye opening when we visit! I remember going to the grocery store and being shocked at the cost of a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, etc. But, when everything has to come in by boat to the middle of the ocean, I guess you have to expect that!

Reactions: Rob5589
Wish we suffered with even your most extreme prices here in the UK. I pay $1.55 per litre so probably something like $ 6.20 per US gallon.
Fuel prices here rise very steeply when the oil price rises per barrel, they don't come down as quickly when the price of a barrel comes down.

Wish we suffered with even your most extreme prices here in the UK. I pay $1.55 per litre so probably something like $ 6.20 per US gallon.
Fuel prices here rise very steeply when the oil price rises per barrel, they don't come down as quickly when the price of a barrel comes down.
Yea the UK is a nightmare when it comes to gas prices.

The price of gas does the same thing in Oregon, though not to the level that you experience. We haven't had any refineries in Oregon for a good long while (the enviro-nazis, of course) so it all gets sent in by pipeline from Seattle. Barrel of oil goes up / gas goes up, barrel of oil goes down / gas slooowly drifts down some.