Gauge cluster won't work after swapping tubs

wraith1516

TJ Enthusiast
putting dash back in tub after switching tubs all wires are CORRECTLY connected (went over them 3 times)first time i had it togather i forgot a body ground in engine bay and tried to start it (NOT GOOD) so i went over the wiring harness twice after that now none of the gauges work. Did i somehow fry the cluster when i tried to start it w/o that ground connected

No, not having the ground connected shouldn't fry the gauge cluster.

When presented with issues like this, I always, always, always look for the simplest solution. Could it be a fuse, a dead battery, bad battery terminals, etc.?

Verify ALL of the connectors, when I added my sons AC I had the same issue and found a few connectors that were Almost complete,

already checked all connections 3 times plus had a SNAPON diagnostic tool ($5500 not mine ) it said it couldnt connect to the instrument cluster checked ALL fuses checked volts in battery (12.55) am i forgetting any thing

Update its its official im a fcuking moron the problems with the cluster not working and all the other problems is when i put the cluster connectors in the dashboard skeleton (metal grid) i put them in up side down well that was a waste of 3days