Gauges work intermittently

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
For a while my gauges have randomly stopped working, but always return after an hour or so. Recently they’ve been completely dead more often then not. The only thing on the dash that works is the indicator lights, otherwise there is nothing. I’ve cleaned the connections behind the gauge cluster, and checked the fuses. Also cleaned the ground to the right of the gauge cluster connections. No help.
Any ideas?

For a while my gauges have randomly stopped working, but always return after an hour or so. Recently they’ve been completely dead more often then not. The only thing on the dash that works is the indicator lights, otherwise there is nothing. I’ve cleaned the connections behind the gauge cluster, and checked the fuses. Also cleaned the ground to the right of the gauge cluster connections. No help.
Any ideas?

Also no interior lights work. Hvac controls, dome light, etc

Only thing I remember is that when key on...gauges would not respond, but I could start it. Shortly the gauges would come up and be ok. Got to thinking maybe ignition...so I changed out the switch (not the key part) the switch on other side of column. Really easy to do..just pull off some plastic stuff a few screws and replace the switch. Think pretty cheap also, but no remember now.. I'm going to bed...ha ha...good luck and check here tomorrow. Pete