Gear ratio: 33" and 35" tire 3-speed auto

The recommendations made in this thread for 4.56 and 35's still hold, nothing has changed as to that combination being ideal. You would be disappointed with 4.10 with 35's with your 3-speed automatic.
What kind of highway speeds can you expect with 4.56 and 35's for a 2.5 and automatic transmission?

What kind of highway speeds can you expect with 4.56 and 35's for a 2.5 and automatic transmission?
I have no experience with that combination but I personally would not run 35's with that combination. Especially if you haven't swapped the standard rear Dana 35 axle for something stronger.

The 2.5L with an automatic is such a poor performing combination that the factory even recommended against adding a/c which further reduces performance.

I have no experience with that combination but I personally would not run 35's with that combination. Especially if you haven't swapped the standard rear Dana 35 axle for something stronger.

The 2.5L with an automatic is such a poor performing combination that the factory even recommended against adding a/c which further reduces performance.
eventually, I will probably upgrade to a 6 or a v8 but right now the car is for my kid to drive to school, work, and the beach. So I am considering regearing either 4.56 or 4.88 We do have hills where we live and he will be doing some highway driving...

eventually, I will probably upgrade to a 6 or a v8 but right now the car is for my kid to drive to school, work, and the beach. So I am considering regearing either 4.56 or 4.88 We do have hills where we live and he will be doing some highway driving...
All Wranglers with the 2.5L engine come only with a Dana 35 rear axle which is NOT strong enough for 35" tires. Unless you strengthen the rear axle with a Super 35 kit from Revolution Gear or replace it with a Dana 44 I definitely would not install 35's.

This is what happened to a friend of mine running 35's on a Dana 35 while we were on a trail together. She's only smiling because we had already replaced the broken axle shaft. We sent a guy 150 miles round trip to get a replacement.

Broken Dana 35 Marianne~2.jpg