General Grabber tread observation

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
I parked next to a TJ today, and noticed the General Grabbers it was wearing. Those red letters on the sidewall are eye-catching, for sure. But upon closer inspection, I found something that I found far more interesting. Look at what they've done between every-other lug...
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

Reactions: ac_
Thats a cool detail, those are the new X3s. I almost went with those before I decided to do the body lift and run 33s (with an OME kit). They are one of the few companies that make a 31.7" load range C hybrid mud tire that fit my moab 16" wheels. Don't think the red letters would look good with my green jeep though, would have had to run them black sidewall out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm running 35's. After running BFG AT's and MT's, and Goodyear MTR's I'm never going back. Can't belive how quiet they are on the road even compared to AT's. Recently did a 1000+ mile trip on them through heavy rain and some snow and noticed no wear. They did hydroplane in a downpour pulling hill south going into Sheridan, Wyoming but people were actually pulling over rather than driving through it. Will by them again, if they ever wear out.

Reactions: Squatch
My general grabber ATXs do not have that detail. But then again it’s the all terrain tire. Also my letters are white but I decided to go white letters in this time. For some weird reason I only like the KO2 and cooper white lettering out.

I have the General Grabber X3s. They've handled Arizona terrain exceptionally well. Rock, sand, gravel, loose rock on steep climbs and descents.
Bro Ride-7-1.jpg
Even a foot of snow last week. The Grabber AT2s were a bit better in snow but I lived in Oregon when I had those and went snowboarding every weekend. So snow handling was more important.