General manual transmission question

02SteelBlue

TJ Enthusiast
If shifting problems occur only when the vehicle has been running for a while, is it possible to eliminate mechanical issues (ie, focus on fluids and leaks)?

If shifting problems occur only when the vehicle has been running for a while, is it possible to eliminate mechanical issues (ie, focus on fluids and leaks)?

Can you be more specific regarding the meaning of "shifting problems"? What's happening, exactly?

I have a similar issue, just switched the fluid over to MT-90 and it did help some but not completely. I believe it’s my clutch master/slave assembly. Do you have any clutch chatter with the pedal depressed and the trans in 1st gear?

I have a similar issue, just switched the fluid over to MT-90 and it did help some but not completely. I believe it’s my clutch master/slave assembly. Do you have any clutch chatter with the pedal depressed and the trans in 1st gear?
No chatter that I can hear.

I actually bought the Luk master/ slave kit last week, but with all the rain recently I haven't installed it yet. I plan on that this weekend.

The "only when warm" is what I was questioning. If it were mechanical, wouldn't it be all the time?

Maybe pull the slave cylinder while things are up to temp and acting up? Have someone depress the clutch pedal while you watch the piston of the slave cylinder.

Reactions: Steven_Olson