General question about Jeeps

silvercreek

Is there a source of information that shows and describes the differences between Jeep models? I've always been curious what make the various models different other than cosmetics. I though somewhere there may be a chart and side by side pictures that describe the differences.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I've ever seen a website that compares all Jeep models side-by-side. I know there's websites that list out all the variations of different generations.

For instance, in one of the forums on here I've got a thread that lists out all the possible trim packages, axles, transfer case and transmission options for the Wrangler TJ.

best source...

old book stores.
look for sales brochures.

I have a few. They are the only accurate record. Published the year the Jeep was built.
Otherwise, Wikipedia is pretty good.

Most online sources have tons of indescrepancies. But ebay used to be a good source of images. With time you learn to identify the bulllshitt

Reactions: Chris
I'm wondering how many parts are interchangeable between the different Wrangler models.

A ton! Basically almost any TJ part is interchangeable with any other TJ part, and the same for JKs as well.

As for interchanging JK with TJ a lot of the axle related parts can be interchanged with little modification.