General ride quality question

As a follow up, I got new BFG KO2's put on yesterday. Not a ton of difference from the mud-terrains, but definitely quieter. But this morning I put 2 new Rancho 5000X shocks on the fronts (I'm still waiting for the rears to be delivered), and wow what a difference in ride quality. I hate to use a cliché, but it really is almost night and day difference. And when I compressed my old shocks to take them off, they didn't expand. They stayed compressed. So obviously, they were beyond bad. So if anyone is looking to replace some old shocks and concerned about ride quality difference, I would recommend the 5000x's, as many members already have.

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Reactions: Dmorton
As a follow up, I got new BFG KO2's put on yesterday. Not a ton of difference from the mud-terrains, but definitely quieter. But this morning I put 2 new Rancho 5000X shocks on the fronts (I'm still waiting for the rears to be delivered), and wow what a difference in ride quality. I hate to use a cliché, but it really is almost night and day difference. And when I compressed my old shocks to take them off, they didn't expand. They stayed compressed. So obviously, they were beyond bad. So if anyone is looking to replace some old shocks and concerned about ride quality difference, I would recommend the 5000x's, as many members already have.
This is the reason I have not lifted my TJ yet "shocks" my Original 06 factory heavy duty gas charged work perfectly and 5000x,s are expensive in Australia for a cheapish shock.
I want the same ride quality I have now if I change shocks and the reason I was exploring a spacer lift over a spring lift, its easier reversed without forever swapping and changing shocks till you get it right.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent tire that looks like it belongs on a jeep and still gets decent ride quality? I told my local tire shop that I was looking for something with maybe a better ride quality than the mud-terrains, and he recommended a few light truck options, but they just dont look right for a jeep...
Absolutely,15” Load Range C Goodyear Duratracs at 26psi , and that jeep will be a joy to drive.

The “its a Jeep” excuse went out the door in 1997 when coil springs were used on these....many owners have no ifea how good these are due to the many incorrect modifications owners make thanks to misinformation thst is so prevalent. A Jeep TJ isnt hard to get right, but they are real easy to mess up. You can do it with an air chuck or a check book real fast.

I’ve had 4, lifted 2” to 4” , and with the right attention to detail they can ride and drive enjoyably...talking leaving for a trail ride at dawn, the trip there, the trail ride, and the ride home at dark.

Reactions: derekmac