Generic Tail Light Lenses Not Quite The Same

Vtx531

TJ Addict
I bought four Optronics lenses from etrailer for $2.xx each. They were even cheaper a few weeks ago at $1.xx.

They fit but unfortunately they don’t have the same look. They are flat instead of domed. The backup clear lens is recessed instead of flush.

Totally functional but they look a little odd on the Jeep. (Sorry, forgot to get a pic of it on the Jeep but it’s dark now).

Anyone have Crown or Omix? They look more original from pics online.

F4A80C57-D01D-467D-8FD0-F159C6AD4E16.jpeg

AE602370-F791-483B-A008-E7BB2D1B324A.jpeg

Boy, at 2 bucks you need to be really picky, we have the taillight inspection in June and those aint gonna meet code.

Reactions: P man and 1o1proof
Boy, at 2 bucks you need to be really picky, we have the taillight inspection in June and those aint gonna meet code.
No complaints about the price but for an extra 7 or 8 bucks, I think I would rather have the Omix or Crown ones if they look more jeep-like.

Especially since I would hate to fail the inspection in June!!!

No complaints about the price but for an extra 7 or 8 bucks, I think I would rather have the Omix or Crown ones if they look more jeep-like.

Especially since I would hate to fail the inspection in June!!!
You need to at least have the original screws in then. Chris is cracking down.

You need to at least have the original screws in then. Chris is cracking down.
Oh man, are you trolling me?

The tail lights housings I have are Quadratec...they have silver color screws...original screws are black I think...it has always bothered me seeing the bright silver screws.

9A212F28-B7D6-49B6-97C5-4C4722620A04.png

Oh man, are you trolling me?

The tail lights housings I have are Quadratec...they have silver color screws...original screws are black I think...it has always bothered me seeing the bright silver screws.

View attachment 248963
I’m reporting this. You are out of control. Chris , try to reign this guy in before we cant even identify what he’s driving. These are non approved aftermarket accessories, and I sit on the Forum Aftermarket Risk Team, thats F.A.R.T. for short.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Either use them or dont...you bought cheap ones expecting an exact match and it didn't work..throw then in the trash and spend the extra few bucks and get ones that resemble oem

Either use them or dont...you bought cheap ones expecting an exact match and it didn't work..throw then in the trash and spend the extra few bucks and get ones that resemble oem
Great idea. Thanks.

Also note the moutning screws are recessed instead of top mounted so the original screws are too long and bottom out in the holes which could cause the housings to crack and get damaged if overtightened... Info for future reference and people doing searches on replacement tail light lenses.

ED61DB65-98AF-4B30-9542-5A098E7EA0C5.jpeg

261415DA-0A6B-4040-8146-F4314BDCB820.jpeg

Optronics - left. Quadratec (oem replica) - right.