GenRight shipping to Canada is disgusting

thedustyboot

A drug habit would be cheaper
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I guess this is a bit of a rant here but why does Genright have such awful shipping rates to us north of the border.. I'd love to support companies who make products here in North America but not with shipping rates like this....

1677458328615.png

I guess this is a bit of a rant here but why does Genright have such awful shipping rates to us north of the border.. I'd love to support companies who make products here in North America but not with shipping rates like this....

View attachment 403317

I'm not sure if Black Magic Brakes ships to Canada but here's a better & cheaper safety thimble and he has soft shackles as well.

Safety Thimble: $59
https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.c...fety-Thimble-Black-WRG-STD-SAFETY-THIMBLE.htm

Soft Shackles-Pair: $30
https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.c...ckles-Orange-Red-Yellow-WRG-SOFT-SHACKLES.htm

Reactions: flyinfish
@kmas0n Yea there's amazon but it's different, which I find stupid. Up here it's Amazon.ca not .com and a fair amount of stuff you guys have amazon links for aren't available to me. And I can't recall if I've tried it but I don't think the site lets me place orders unless I have my region selected...

@Apparition @flyinfish Thank you for the links. I'm not exactly proficient with splicing anymore, so I may think about the thimble for a bit.

@mrblaine Does your outfit ship soft shackles up to Canada? Couldn't find that option in the checkout..

They have a storefront. They receive anything for $3 per package and store for 30 days.

Oh I see ok. I'll get in touch with them and see if they can ship up to me. It's a full day for me to make a trip to Van from here 😅

@Apparition @flyinfish Thank you for the links. I'm not exactly proficient with splicing anymore, so I may think about the thimble for a bit.

I found splicing to be super easy and that's from someone that's never done it before. Of course it helped that the rope was already spliced. I just pulled the splice out and recreated what they did using an old pen. I ended up going a foot farther into the rope but I'm just being cautious.

No way you should pay $75 for a soft shackle. That's ridiculous, what is that $10 worth of material?

I found splicing to be super easy and that's from someone that's never done it before. Of course it helped that the rope was already spliced. I just pulled the splice out and recreated what they did using an old pen. I ended up going a foot farther into the rope but I'm just being cautious.

No way you should pay $75 for a soft shackle. That's ridiculous, what is that $10 worth of material?

figured as much haha. the safety thimble from black magic is probably the way to go. sounds like theres a good number of people on here who run them.

Genright got back to me with regards to the shipping cost and said they could get it down to $60US. still not sure why their site calculated $300+....

@kmas0n Yea there's amazon but it's different, which I find stupid. Up here it's Amazon.ca not .com and a fair amount of stuff you guys have amazon links for aren't available to me. And I can't recall if I've tried it but I don't think the site lets me place orders unless I have my region selected...

@mrblaine Does your outfit ship soft shackles up to Canada? Couldn't find that option in the checkout..

With or without the Safety Thimble?

With :D Sorry I should have spellchecked before tagging you.

Good to go but we just updated the shipping to Canada based on current pricing and they are screwing us in a terrible way. 60.55 is the cost for a medium Priority Mail Flat rate box. A large is over a 100. Small is over 31 bucks, so it isn't all GR doing it.

• Wow
Reactions: psrivats
@mrblaine Appreciate that mate, thank you. I know logistics, shipping, and exchange rate aren't doing any of us any favors but that's just the way she goes these days.

@LJGreg If that's not too much trouble for you that would be sweet! I'll private message you shortly to get the ball rolling on this.

Reactions: LJGreg