GenRight's New Aluminum Center Console

Well that makes it easy! I this nag1 swap works I'd like to make that switch to the GR console

I'm going to have to cut an extra hole in my console for the STaK's shifters since I have 3 levers. I'm still not sure what I am doing with the parking break yet.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I'm going to have to cut an extra hole in my console for the STaK's shifters since I have 3 levers. I'm still not sure what I am doing with the parking break yet.
Having looked into the electronic brake it's not rocket surgery but it is more complicated than a lever.

Reactions: Wildman
What shifter part number did you go with? I don’t see one for the Jeep transmission

The TF999 is close to the 42RLE so it should work from what I understand. I have a 46RE trans and bought the kit for the TF727 and will have to make some custom brackets to mount the shifter cable.

I’m not sure they would sell them in mass, but the Wide Open Design aluminum center console is beautiful. It’s a lot cleaner than the Genright with the clean radius bends in it compared to the Genright’s 90° corners.
9FEE96E0-E9C2-4DD5-A9F1-BA4F1E38952B.jpeg
B70882B6-6BED-4895-AC36-F68C93C1D158.jpeg
777A5F0E-9E4B-444C-9D51-B78F5537583C.jpeg

Do you happen to have any pics of the inside of the console and how the shifter cables are run?
Didn't get this notification until now sorry about that. I don't have any pics, but there is no instruction on how to do cables. I had to mount and unmount many times to find a place they would all live and work right.

Didn't get this notification until now sorry about that. I don't have any pics, but there is no instruction on how to do cables. I had to mount and unmount many times to find a place they would all live and work right.

I'll be trying to tackle this is a few months I HOPE...

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Very nice product, price will be no object for the guy that wants it for a custom build. 600 bucks doesnt even move the needle for guys that have 75.000 -125,000 dollar builds.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Have you seen any more pictures of this? I'm curious where the TC shifters are positioned.
Driver drop case and driver drop front casting. The shifters for the transfer case are to the right of the driver’s right knee as viewed when seated.

There are no good shots that give full context. But here are two:
99985E51-44DF-4403-97DB-221174C72AB3.jpeg
980B482F-270A-4EA8-8DE2-C6CE3F63367A.jpeg

Same WOD JC chassis but different builds that utilize driver side drops axles and transfer cases:
1FE50D54-995A-4CFA-9607-D3BAFEB03CC4.jpeg
E8E8CE88-39B1-48EC-A4C2-604D9D37B42F.jpeg
D21242BD-15F6-4A2C-8AB6-7291538C2FDA.jpeg
07CCE41A-6C1A-4016-9AE1-8FD26630FC47.jpeg

Reactions: Tray Burge
Driver drop case and driver drop front casting. The shifters for the transfer case are to the right of the driver’s right knee as viewed when seated.

There are no good shots that give full context. But here are two:View attachment 249915View attachment 249916

Same WOD JC chassis but different builds that utilize driver side drops axles and transfer cases:
View attachment 249917View attachment 249918View attachment 249919View attachment 249920
Wow. Somebody there is unbelievably skilled at body work. So much to see in those pictures!

Reactions: Tray Burge
Wow. Somebody there is unbelievably skilled at body work. So much to see in those pictures!
It’s excatly why I created this thread to archive some high res shots of their work over at WOD.

It’s inspirational and motivational for me and I hope it does the same for other members here. Even though it’s not in the same league as our builds here, some of their work can still be drawn from IMO.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wide-open-designs-tj-and-lj-tube-chassis.9101/

• Love
Reactions: Wildman
It’s excatly why I created this thread to archive some high res shots of their work over at WOD.

It’s inspirational and motivational for me and I hope it does the same for other members here. Even though it’s not in the same league as our builds here, some of their work can still be drawn from IMO.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wide-open-designs-tj-and-lj-tube-chassis.9101/
I found this thread while looking for center console idea/products as I'm about to do an LS/6L80 swap. Great info for that that has my mind spinning on options. While eyeballing everything I couldn't help notice that dash (which others have commented on). I'll likely need to do some sort of custom dash, and I really like the idea of something configurable. Is this what you are using?
https://competitionmotorsport.com/aim-sports-mxg-1-2-strada-large-color-tft-dash
If so, how did you fit it so cleanly? I looked around to see if there was a thread on that, but didn't find anything.