Gentex 341 (map, lights, HomeLink, compass, and temperature) rear view mirror wiring connections to TJ OEM harness

zebra12

TJJ78 and TJJ77
Supporting Member
The Gentex 341 mirror was offered in the Sebring (I believe 2003-2005) convertible. The GNTX 341 has the compass and temperature readings like the 221 that was offered in TJs from 2003 - 2006. Additionally, the 341 adds homelink and map lights. The Jeep mirror harness has all the wires to use the 341, and I think some penny pinchers saved a few and gave us the 221 mirror instead of the 341.

I bought a used GNTX 341 for $40, cut the plug off the factory harness, and soldered the wires to the 341 plug. The 341 uses smaller pins than the 221 mirror so you have to repin, butt splice or solder. I really like this swap, having homelink in the mirror is nice and the map lights (they come on when the doors are open and can be turned on) are good too.

Here are the connections to make the swap:

341 pins
1- red/white - Constant 12 volt
2 - no wire
3 - black - Ground
4 - yellow - Temp sensor
5 - purple/white - Temp Sensor
6 - red/blue - Switched 12 volt
7 - red/blue - 12 volt for backup
8 - green/orange - Map lights
9 - no wire
10 - no wire

221 pins
1 - blue/white - Switched 12 volt
2 - black/green - Ground
3 - purple/black - 12 volt for backup
4 - purple/green - Temp Sensor
5 - black/blue - Temp sensor
6 - yellow - Map lights
7 - pink/white - Constant 12 volt

Connections
341 221
1 - 7
3 - 2
4 - 5
5 - 4
6 - 1
7 - 3
8 - 6

221 pin.jpg

341 pin.jpg

dash connect.jpg

map lights.jpg

finished.jpg

diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Great mod, thanks for sharing the details. Might have to find a mirror now just for the homelink feature 🙂

Did you have any issues at all installing the mirror on to the windshield?

Great mod, thanks for sharing the details. Might have to find a mirror now just for the homelink feature 🙂

Did you have any issues at all installing the mirror on to the windshield?

I did not. The factory mirror is held on with a small torx. I removed the torx, slid the old mirror off and reused the factory windshield button and torx.

Reactions: psrivats
Thanks for this! I am going to add one of these to my new TJ. The HomeLink feature saves me having to carry around a garage door opener.

Are the 03-06s all prewired for the 221 style? or only the ones that came with the feature?

My 2003 sport was prewired up to the top of the dash. Just had to buy the harness to go up the A Pillar.

My 2003 sport was prewired up to the top of the dash. Just had to buy the harness to go up the A Pillar.
Cool, I'll check my 06 and hopefully it is prewired too. I have been wanting a temperature display and having the homelink would be a huge bonus.

Mine has map lights already.

Does the homelink feature work with the ignition off?

Excellent question. Anyone know?

I took the garage door opener's out of all my vehicles because I park in front of my garage door A LOT and I didn't want to make it too easy on the burglars. Especially with a top that looks like it was made out of an old tarp.

Question for folks with factory Gentex mirrors, were all factory 241's equipped with map lutes. Would love to have a 341 but don't really need Himelink and to cheap to pay $190 to 225 for one. Thanks