Gentex 341 (map, lights, HomeLink, compass, and temperature) rear view mirror wiring connections to TJ OEM harness

Hey there Zebra12-

I’m looking at installing a homelink mirror in my 99- no factory wiring so I’m starting from scratch. The Gentex 341 mirrors on eBay are over $200, but there are a ton of 453s for around $50.

What makes the 453 workable for this mod? (As opposed to other mirrors…) My biggest concern is getting a mirror that is too long to fit in between my visors. Any idea on the dimensions of the 453?

The plug for the 453 is the same as the 341, and the wiring was almost the same. The pinout on the 453 only had 2 wires that were in different spots than the 341, but I don't remember which 2. I believe the 453 is the the same or very close to the same as the 341.

Hey there Zebra12-

I’m looking at installing a homelink mirror in my 99- no factory wiring so I’m starting from scratch. The Gentex 341 mirrors on eBay are over $200, but there are a ton of 453s for around $50.

What makes the 453 workable for this mod? (As opposed to other mirrors…) My biggest concern is getting a mirror that is too long to fit in between my visors. Any idea on the dimensions of the 453?
https://www.wembleysells.com/mirrortech/GentexHomeLinkMirrorComparison.htm
the 453 is actually smaller. I got a lot of good info from this link hopefully this helps.
one big thing with the 453 is if you get the Nissan 453 you need the Nissan specific temp sensor as well. The green backlight is Nissan and Orange is Toyota from what I've noticed. Those are two big users of the GNTX 453.

https://www.wembleysells.com/mirrortech/GentexHomeLinkMirrorComparison.htm
the 453 is actually smaller. I got a lot of good info from this link hopefully this helps.
one big thing with the 453 is if you get the Nissan 453 you need the Nissan specific temp sensor as well. The green backlight is Nissan and Orange is Toyota from what I've noticed. Those are two big users of the GNTX 453.
Wow! Thanks Tytanium… That site is very detailed! I have a Tundra with a Gentex WZLHL4 and it is too long (over 10.5"- the space between my visors is only 9.25") and it looks a lot like the 453 I see in the photos.

I guess I should ask zebra12 if his new mirror interferes with his visors.

I probably won’t mess with the temp sensor. I live in Texas, and most of the time it’s either too hot or too cold, so I prefer to not know what the actual temp is...that just makes it feel worse. ;)

Reactions: Tytanium94
glad it helped! i just installed a 341 as well, ill let you know when i get out to the garage if my hits or not.

glad it helped! i just installed a 341 as well, ill let you know when i get out to the garage if my hits or not.
Thanks! I actually emailed the guy who created the website you shared. He emailed me right back and said all the Gentex homelink mirrors are about 10.5" or so. I’m interested to hear about how your 341 fits. Thanks a bunch Tytanium.

Thanks! I actually emailed the guy who created the website you shared. He emailed me right back and said all the Gentex homelink mirrors are about 10.5" or so. I’m interested to hear about how your 341 fits. Thanks a bunch Tytanium.
Oh nice! I’ll have to email him too with some questions. His ebays no longer live so I thought he was done with that but good to know!
And I still have plenty of room. It’s on the oe mirror location upgraded from the plain Jane mirror and even room for my dash cam behind it! So simple swap

62AA328A-5BF3-4FD8-B2C7-DDBE53EE331A.jpeg

089E78EF-30DE-4CC7-A7D9-03FBB0A955EA.jpeg

A6051C73-D6F5-41B5-BEA8-C787E584F782.jpeg

0E2AA3DE-58DD-4DDC-896A-AFF5B1CF07B9.jpeg

Looks really good, Trytanium.. I see you and the OP have later model TJs. Your windshield trim is different than my 99. i wonder if y’all have a bit more room between the visors…

Just completed this 341 installation. I would really like to thank the person who made this happen, homelink is fine but I really like the lights, you kids will understand the need for lighting when your old and used up. Again, super thank you!!

Reactions: zebra12
Just completed this 341 installation. I would really like to thank the person who made this happen, homelink is fine but I really like the lights, you kids will understand the need for lighting when your old and used up. Again, super thank you!!
Salutations,

I am doing the same on my 06 Rubi LJ and I just snagged a Gentex 341 (Comp, Temp, Maplights, Homelink) I got everything but the temp gauge to work. Wondering if anyone could offer some advice since I cannot find the male 7pin adapter to fit the pre-installed harness for the mirror.

I have gone through the original posters notes and from left to right,

1- Switched 12v
2- Ground
3- 12v back/reverse lights. (each time I connect the mirror it activates my rear view camera on my radio, will have to figure that out)
4- Sensor +?
5- Sensor -?
6- Lights/door toogle
7- ???

20211003_184214.jpg

7 is constant 12 volt. If you want the oem adapter call Davey's Jeep, I'd bet they have one. If you don't want to buy an OEM adapter, cut the wires and buy a new 7 pin automotive adapter/connector on amazon.

7 is constant 12 volt. If you want the oem adapter call Davey's Jeep, I'd bet they have one. If you don't want to buy an OEM adapter, cut the wires and buy a new 7 pin automotive adapter/connector on amazon.
Thank you, I heard of Davey's, I will reach out.

Reactions: zebra12