GeorgeSully's 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
So I figured I’d start a build thread of my Jeep after entertaining myself with all of yours so here it goes.
I picked up this jeep for 3000 dollars in March and with my zero mechanical knowledge and YouTube, I’ve been able to do a good bit. It had less than 120,000 miles when I bought it and almost zero rust besides some surface rust on a part of the frame the the passenger floorboard but it’s been amazing and I didn’t realize how good of deal I got until I joined this forum

Here’s a picture from when I first bought it
6c32771047e1796835a077d6c315b7ae.jpg

6ecaf8e8380e063b8734d1281a3b47bc.jpg

Since I’ve bought it I’ve added new bumpers and headlights along with some steering parts to correct the death wobble and all in so far I’ve spent about 4300 on it. Upcoming is a lift, something small like a 2 inch and some 33 or 35’s I just love the low down profile with tires that fill up the wheel wells but I’ll have to figure out how to prevent rubbing. My newest purchase is a bestop soft top and frame to replace the ear deafening parachute that is the smittybilt top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I figured I’d start a build thread of my Jeep after entertaining myself with all of yours so here it goes.
I picked up this jeep for 3000 dollars in March and with my zero mechanical knowledge and YouTube, I’ve been able to do a good bit. It had less than 120,000 miles when I bought it and almost zero rust besides some surface rust on a part of the frame the the passenger floorboard but it’s been amazing and I didn’t realize how good of deal I got until I joined this forum

Here’s a picture from when I first bought it
View attachment 63521
View attachment 63522

Since I’ve bought it I’ve added new bumpers and headlights along with some steering parts to correct the death wobble and all in so far I’ve spent about 4300 on it. Upcoming is a lift, something small like a 2 inch and some 33 or 35’s I just love the low down profile with tires that fill up the wheel wells but I’ll have to figure out how to prevent rubbing. My newest purchase is a bestop soft top and frame to replace the ear deafening parachute that is the smittybilt top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a great find!
I hope you enjoy the adventure....
That is a nice looking Jeep!
I see you're in SC.... I grew up in Shelby, NC... I miss those mountains and the dirt roads. Things Jeeps were made for!

I too am new to the forum and renewed to jeep adoption.
Here is the 98 I found a few weeks ago. Had like 51k on it and the worse problem is the sun damage, which I can deal with... I choose to call it interior patina. Another thing I wish Ihad were the full doors.

IMG_0860.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589