Georgia Georgia Jeep owners check in!

Over in Carrollton, GA. Most riding has been in Talladega National Forest Alabama so far. Heading up to N GA next week for some trout fishing and trail riding.

Over in Carrollton, GA. Most riding has been in Talladega National Forest Alabama so far. Heading up to N GA next week for some trout fishing and trail riding.
How are the trails over there? I've thought about going out that way and also checking out Choccolocco Mountain Orv Park.

I'm in Atlanta and always looking for new places to wheel around. I went up to Beasley Knob this past weekend and it was pretty wild after being shut down all winter. There were some sxs guys tearing up the trails so they started getting rougher as the day went on.

How are the trails over there? I've thought about going out that way and also checking out Choccolocco Mountain Orv Park.

I'm in Atlanta and always looking for new places to wheel around. I went up to Beasley Knob this past weekend and it was pretty wild after being shut down all winter. There were some sxs guys tearing up the trails so they started getting rougher as the day went on.

What part of Atlanta?

Does it count if my heart and my mind are still on Georgia?

I live in Washington state now but went to Tech and have been a lifelong Braves fan. Those 5 years living in Midtown were some of the hardest (school) and most fun (everything else) times of my life. I hope to come back one day.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Does it count if my heart and my mind are still on Georgia?

I live in Washington state now but went to Tech and have been a lifelong Braves fan. Those 5 years living in Midtown were some of the hardest (school) and most fun (everything else) times of my life. I hope to come back one day.

It sure counts if you ask me! I'm also a Tech alum and had the same experience. Majored in mechanical engineering with a minor in industrial design. Once I got out I worked as an engineer at Rugged Ridge which is what got me into the whole Jeep world

It sure counts if you ask me! I'm also a Tech alum and had the same experience. Majored in mechanical engineering with a minor in industrial design. Once I got out I worked as an engineer at Rugged Ridge which is what got me into the whole Jeep world

Cool story! I am IE major and actually got into Jeeps when my dad bought one while I was away at school. I would come home to Texas in the summers and help him build it up. Now I drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got accepted to Tech, I'm starting in August. I'm majoring in mechanical engineering.

Congrats on your acceptance! I agree, you’ll definitely get the to reap the rewards of those of us who suffered through the construction back in the early 2000s. When I graduated in 2004, the library was barely breaking ground, Bobby Dodd stadium had just been remodeled, Russ Chandler stadium had been renovated (before the re-renovation 4 or 5 years ago), Tech Square was made up of the management building, the hotel, and the bookstore, the old Psych building was being torn down to make way for whatever that green area across from the shaft (campanile) is, and the MRC and the BioTech buildings had just opened. Next time I fly through ATL I’m going to schedule a long layover to go check out campus. THWG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2006TJ1
Canton, GA. New to me 2005 Rubicon Sahara (#456) Unlimited. I haven't wheeled the new Jeep, but have been to a number of trails and parks in my old JKU. Will be getting out again soon!

Reactions: Sean Allen
Canton, GA. New to me 2005 Rubicon Sahara (#456) Unlimited. I haven't wheeled the new Jeep, but have been to a number of trails and parks in my old JKU. Will be getting out again soon!

Welcome! I saw this on CL a while back. Unlimited Rubicons in Khaki are the best Jeeps. LOL

Reactions: Sgordon
Lilburn/Stone Mountain area here. 03 TJ on 35s. I usually go to beasley knob or any fire roads that are open around hunting season. Tray mtn is ok, but there can be traffic on any given weekend. I like durhamtown plantation for some serious mud.

Lilburn/Stone Mountain area here. 03 TJ on 35s. I usually go to beasley knob or any fire roads that are open around hunting season. Tray mtn is ok, but there can be traffic on any given weekend. I like durhamtown plantation for some serious mud.

What are some good fire roads you ride? I'm always looking for some new trails.

What are some good fire roads you ride? I'm always looking for some new trails.
I have the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests app on my phone. Usually is quite accurate about the locations as well as which ones are open.

But here's a list I came across:

Caches Valley Rd
Tray Mtn (one of my favorites since you can dip into Helen for lunch ;) )
Nimblewill Rd
Sheeps Wallow Rd
Dawson Forest
Earls Ford Rd
Patterson Gap Rd
Charlie's Creek Rd
Coopers Creek Rd
Flatland Rd

Gulches ORV (South Carolina)
GRJ Offroad Park (Ball Ground, GA)
Beasley Knob ORV (shown in the app, check for weather closures..)
Morris Mountain ORV (Delta, AL)
Durhamtown Plantation (Greensboro) (my favorite for deep mud)
RiverRock ORV (Milledgeville)
5313 Offroad Park (Calhoun)
Choccolocco Offroad Park (Alabama)

google any one of them

I have the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests app on my phone. Usually is quite accurate about the locations as well as which ones are open.

But here's a list I came across:

Great resource- I just moved up to Dahlonega. A few of those aren't far from me. Once I get this house set up I plan on getting lost out here somewhere.