Getting bad smell out of cloth seats

armaunr

Hey, so I got a quick question. My girlfriend was eating pickles in my Jeep and she spilled some pickle juice on the cloth seat. We tried scrubbing it up with a towel I had in the back and some water, but I just got in it again (this happened about 5 hours ago) and it just reeks of pickle juice. Any suggestions to get the smell out? I’ve got the factory cloth seats if that helps.

Thanks!

Can't speak on pickle juice specifically but I've had good luck with using a small carpet cleaner with an upholstery cleaning liquid in it

Reactions: pagrey
This is what I use... Can't remember what cleaning solution but it was for upholstery

PXL_20211017_021346411.MP.jpg

Dear In a pickle ,

Here is the dill:

Pickle juice is acetic acid- vinegar, with spices. It is essentially an organic material- you need to use an oxygenated spot remover and extractor thoroughly, let it dry and air out, then a urine smell remover may also be a good move. Air is your friend.

Now, let’s go back to cause-

What in the world is a girl doing in a Jeep with a jar of pickles in the juice chomping a way - I’m just trying to get a visual on that. That is not kosher.

Or maybe they were.

Stop at Wally World, Pets Mart, or Petco, pick up a bottle of Nature’s Miracle.

The solution is enzyme activated, meaning it doesn’t cover up the smell, it actually eats it away.

There are many other methods that work also, but this is an easy and permanent fix to odor issues!

Reactions: 707kevin and AndyG
These little guys are fantastic-bissell sells several versions- they will hurt your feelings when you see what they can get out of carpet and upholstery.
Yessir... Made my seats look as new as they could be at 20+ years old

Reactions: AndyG
I have a little hoover spotless cleaner I got on sale from Walmart for under $100. Well worth the money. I used to just spray the seats and suck out the water with a shop vac but the cleaner is so much easier. I guess you could rent one but the little ones are really useful. I think bissel has a good one too. They have them at Goodwill now and then, snatch them up if you see them. Well worth the money. Any small carpet/upholstery cleaner will work great.

Reactions: Ante_Up
I think id honestly enjoy a pickle scented air freshener 🤷‍♂️

ozium did wonders for the wet dog odor lingering in the work truck purchased used from a dealership.

I placed 2 cans in each door pocket cupholder and they have since dried out after a few months but the odor was undetectable overnight and currently there is no dog odor in the truck anymore and I have no need to purchase another can.

you can pick them up from auto part chains and Walmart cheaply. there is the blue original can (floral'ish scent, kinda. hard to explain), orange scent and I believe vanilla.

1529DFD8-1C1D-4B55-A6C7-9403070E0B6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ante_Up
I think id honestly enjoy a pickle scented air freshener 🤷‍♂️
I don’t think I would have told that ......(that is a joke punchline-guy goes to altar confessing- every sin the preacher says tell it brother! Then he mentioned a goat incident - preacher says “now i dont think I would have told that”)

🙂

There is dill pickle everything nowadays.