Getting discouraged...

Is there evidence of weeping coolant around the groove where the tank is crimped onto the radiator core? As in it fills up overnight when it cools off and then is gone after is has been run and warmed up?
^^ This. Happened to me with a cheap O'Reilly radiator after 15k miles on it. Couldn't find for the life of me where the coolant was going until I took a close look at the bottom tank and saw the pooling.

The fucking rats ate the wiring on Kat's Renegade due to it having soy based insulation.

All that soy is going to mess up their hormones an you'll get a bunch of hipster rats running around

1628526182718.png

Some quasi-good news. After further evaluation, I'm 99% sure that that oil leak isn't from the engine - I'm now fairly certain its the front seal on the transmission. I did a cleanup of the leak yesterday, and the Jeep hasn't moved since, yet the oil is just POURING out. It makes zero sense to me that the RMS would suddenly catastrophically fail like that - AND - the most important point, I have the ass end of the Jeep jacked up super high, on a slight downslope to boot. I bet when I put it back down on the level, this leak magically fixes itself. We'll see, I'll check that, and check the oil levels. In the meantime, I finally got one of the two rear shocks off, now on to the other one so I can drop this thing back on the ground.

I google it.
Fucking hell. Soy based.
I thought you were kidding!
All those tree hugging fucking hippies that want to do away with oil based products are creating unintended consequences that will bite us in the ass for decades to come. You won't have to worry about it lasting long enough for the heat to get to it, the rodents will eat it all first. The least they could do is mix some rodent killer in with it. I know they are going to die but at least evolution will kick in and they will learn not to eat vehicle wiring.

I did have some fun with one guy with a chewed up harness under the engine cover on his JK. Hey Tony, guess how I know you have lots of D-Con rat poison set out in your garage? How do you know? Because all the rat turds next to your chewed up wiring are green.

1628526771240.png

The little shits couldn't be happy with just chewing up the wiring, they had to do it the worst way possible. They ate both ends of a section and chopped pieces out.
1628526873496.png

All those tree hugging fucking hippies that want to do away with oil based products are creating unintended consequences that will bite us in the ass for decades to come. You won't have to worry about it lasting long enough for the heat to get to it, the rodents will eat it all first. The least they could do is mix some rodent killer in with it. I know they are going to die but at least evolution will kick in and they will learn not to eat vehicle wiring.

I did have some fun with one guy with a chewed up harness under the engine cover on his JK. Hey Tony, guess how I know you have lots of D-Con rat poison set out in your garage? How do you know? Because all the rat turds next to your chewed up wiring are green.

View attachment 269699

The little shits couldn't be happy with just chewing up the wiring, they had to do it the worst way possible. They ate both ends of a section and chopped pieces out.
View attachment 269700
I recently had a Tahoe come in with 6k miles on the clock. Vermin infestation that cost the customer a lot of $$$. I had to replace the complete engine harness plus the dash harness. Customer couldn't understand why it wasn't covered under bumper to bumper warranty.

Last edited:
I’ve been working on an 06 Unlimited since April. I put in a crown OPDA and the cam position sensor was bad. I did a tune up and the radiator started leaking so I refreshed the cooling system, then the fuel pump died. Now I’m Putting in a new Bosch pump tonight. I hate jeeps right now too.

That's a ripoff of my favorite TV show when I was a little kid. Lancelot Link Secret Chimp. Google that FishTaco!
Lancelot Link was in the UK as well! but stolen from the Brook Bond Tea Chimps it seems :)

The first Brooke Bond PG Tips ad featuring chimps was broadcast on Christmas Day 1956, recreating an elegant tea party in a country mansion.

Last edited:
Is there evidence of weeping coolant around the groove where the tank is crimped onto the radiator core? As in it fills up overnight when it cools off and then is gone after is has been run and warmed up?
Found the problem. Jeep's been slowly using coolant, despite a bypassed heater core. Yesterday, the level was WAY down in the puke bottle. I topped it up. Today, it was back down about where it was yesterday - and the Jeep hadn't been started/run/driven. GOTCHA! Sure enough, pinhole in the bottom seam of the puke bottle.

Last edited:
Found the problem. Jeep's been slowly using coolant, despite a bypassed heater core. Yesterday, it the level was WAY down in the puke bottle. I topped it up. Today, it was back down about where it was yesterday - and the Jeep hadn't been started/run/driven. GOTCHA! Sure enough, pinhole in the bottom seam of the puke bottle.
I have lost track of how many times I've almost sold my TJ. I don't even lie to myself now... its not going anywhere. I've had my TJ nearly half my life and I'm in my 40s now. It's never let me down. Not once. I understand venting, but I don't want to be that old man saying "I should have never sold that Jeep..."

Reactions: Zorba
Found the problem. Jeep's been slowly using coolant, despite a bypassed heater core. Yesterday, it the level was WAY down in the puke bottle. I topped it up. Today, it was back down about where it was yesterday - and the Jeep hadn't been started/run/driven. GOTCHA! Sure enough, pinhole in the bottom seam of the puke bottle.
Do you know how to eat an elephant? That's right, one bite at a time.