Getting out of the Jeep with both lockers engaged

Silverado

I have a 2005 rubicon. When out wheeling and I have both lockers engaged and I want to stop and get out of the jeep. The locker indicator lights start blinking. Is there a way around that other than unlocking them. I’m afraid I would come back to a dead battery. Thanks Jack

I have a 2005 rubicon. When out wheeling and I have both lockers engaged and I want to stop and get out of the jeep. The locker indicator lights start blinking. Is there a way around that other than unlocking them. I’m afraid I would come back to a dead battery. Thanks Jack

Turn the Jeep off and take the key with you if you're going to be gone long enough to kill your battery.;)

• Haha
Reactions: RINC
It’s when I turn it off and remove the key that it starts flashing. This is often when out on a hunt and will not be returning for a few hours

Probably an epic spot and worth the effort! With that said, he’s not gonna give up the spot! Nice try!

I can pick off 8-10 pt bucks off my front porch... we were watching them fight in the front yard last month... We have a herd of does/young bucks about 20 head in the front yard daily...

Is there a way around that other than unlocking them. I’m afraid I would come back to a dead battery.
I don't see an easier option than turning them off.
You could wire a ground signal to the cluster (key-in switch sense, vt/tn) so it thinks the key is in.
That should get rid of the warning, but it might cause other issues.
YRMV
IMO, it would take way more than a few hours for that flashing light to kill a battery.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I don't have a Rubi, but I'm curious:
Do those flashing lights go off after several minutes, like the dome lights do if you leave the doors open?

Park where you don't need the lockers to prevent it from rolling while parked. Then turn off the lockers.

Is that solution unacceptable for some reason?

Reactions: Artsifrtsi