Getting pulled over by a cop with a gun in your car

UNDERSTAND THIS! Each stop in normal traffic work was a surprise.

That is why at least in any state that honors my FL Resident CCW I choose to let the officer know as soon as possible. There is no reason to hide it if I'm a legal CCW holder.

Based on the real life event dash cam videos my brother in-law showed from his police academy it is tough out there. Simple traffic stop can turn deadly in an instant.

As mentioned above Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Stinger
That is why at least in any state that honors my FL Resident CCW I choose to let the officer know as soon as possible. There is no reason to hide it if I'm a legal CCW holder.

Based on the real life event dash cam videos my brother in-law showed from his police academy it is tough out there. Simple traffic stop can turn deadly in an instant.

As mentioned above Thank you for your service.

In some states, like Ohio, that Honors your FL permit, it is not a choice to inform the officer if you have a firearm in the vehicle, it is a Requirement. I wouldn't want to lose my CCW over a technicality.

In some states, like Ohio, that Honors your FL permit, it is not a choice to inform the officer if you have a firearm in the vehicle, it is a Requirement.

I always will let them know but I will also check the state laws before I travel. I also use an Android app for CCW quick reference and it is really good. They keep it updated regularly

You fknow like are reading way too much into this! Don't fuck up, then don't worry about it.
Not going to say my current carry status, but I am armed! Gun, pipe, lug wrench, crest wrench , my hands. I AM ARMED.
This is such a non issue I can't believe it. Are we on Fox News? Oh that maybe political. Last post. Worthless thread. Where are the jeeps?

Reactions: JimT
You fknow like are reading way too much into this! Don't fuck up, then don't worry about it.
Not going to say my current carry status, but I am armed! Gun, pipe, lug wrench, crest wrench , my hands. I AM ARMED.
This is such a non issue I can't believe it. Are we on Fox News? Oh that maybe political. Last post. Worthless thread. Where are the jeeps?
Well, I'm not going to "say" my current feelings towards cops either, But I believe a legitimate question was asked here and we are just trying to give some insight. I follow the laws the best I can, but sometimes shit happens and I for one want to be prepared.

I always, kill the ignition, keys on the dash,both hands on the wheel, with the reggy,DL,ins, and concealed weapons permit. Most of the time, they never ask if there is a weapon onboard, or where it is. Then again, there is always one in every crowd that doesn't appreciate the honesty and will bust your chops and try and make a federal case out of it.
Great advice. I have the same routine but I also lower all windows, turn on inside lights at night, and have passengers' hands visable. A cop once asked me if I had a cop in my family or if I was recent released from prison...[emoji12] We both got a good laugh. He appreciated the respect and let me off with a warning.

We learn in CCW class to NOT volunteer any incremental information to police. Do not lie, but only answer what is required. Advanced CCW classes really reinforces this. So no, mention the AR only if asked.

I support The Blue and let cops know it.

953e86fa133c54f93e122e2d28aa382c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I always, kill the ignition, keys on the dash,both hands on the wheel, with the reggy,DL,ins, and concealed weapons permit. Most of the time, they never ask if there is a weapon onboard, or where it is. Then again, there is always one in every crowd that doesn't appreciate the honesty and will bust your chops and try and make a federal case out of it.

X2

B

Any time I'm pulled over, I'm very nervous yet calm. There are far too many easily frightened cops cowering behind their trigger happy fingers these days. I read story after story after story of harmless people being shot by police. A lethal option should not be the first choice when dealing with the public.
It's not, it's the first choice when they may not go home! There's usually a reason for the hair standing on the back of your neck. May not require deadly force, but the reason is there nonetheless..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If the gun is in your trunk, it's no harm to the officer. No need to disclose, unless you're required to. It's a well received courtesy to reveal a weapon up front. I usually respond with, "good, glad you're carrying". I'm in Georgia, so I realize it's very different from other Nazi nation states.

Legally transporting any firearm and disclosing such creates neither probable cause nor reasonable suspicion, in any state.

Contrary to popular belief here, we do not get your permit status via NCIC computer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here in California I will only declare weapons if asked. I do have a concealed carry permit but I have no legal requirement to declare it. And NO, my permit does not pop up on the LE screen if he checked.

Since permits are issued by county they each have different requirements, and some do require declaration if encountering LE.

In San Francisco and a couple other counties, should you declare you are carrying legally with a permit, they will arrest you and confiscate your firearm until they can validate you are legal and who knows how long that may take. And this gentleman is why Californians don't volunteer that info.

I have encountered LE several times with my 9MM on my hip, I said nothing and he didn't notice ... hence "concealed".

I have both Utah and Pa concealed carry permit. If I get stopped by the police I won't tell unless he asks. I have a legal right to keep it concealed but I don't think lying to a cop is a good thing. I am told he won't ask unless he has a good reason to. Same as carrying where you shouldn't, not a gov't bldg, but Walmart....If they ask me to leave I will....

Reactions: Phungki