Getting this snorkel tomorrow

balfred

TJ Enthusiast
I saw this snorkel on my local classifieds kind of like Craigslist and I can't resist! I need a snorkel so this will be a welcome addition to my build

98366dfd855a7bf33a45c477f9067f89.jpg

And a picture of my jeep to so you can picture what it will look like but obviously on the passenger side.

15fec5a30019bdb587032ad479d5b308.jpg

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
I don't really want to cut a hole in my body for it so I am just going to mount it for the looks, not the functionality

As someone who also used to want a snorkel: Aside from the occasional water crossing where it could be nice to have this assurance, I think a snorkel would get caught on more trees and rocks than it would be worth. I also feel the same about 90% of light bars. I have no issue with cutting the extra holes.

Aside from the occasional water crossing where it could be nice to have this assurance, I think a snorkel would get caught on more trees and rocks than it would be worth. I also feel the same about 90% of light bars.
Yeah it could. I think I will attach the body portion with 3m double sided auto tape so if it does get ripped off it won't do damage compared to if I actually made it functional by cutting a hole in the body. I also have a light bar that I will be mounting soon for offroading

You may as well hook it up at that point. The bolts that hold it on are large enough and right beside the main hole. You will also have to destroy the snorkel to mount it without the hole as there is a few inch long mounting flange for the hose that goes through the body. I've got the same one. If you do hook it up let me know and I'll get some pictures if how you should modify the head to keep the water out of your intake in the rain. The Chinese knock offs arn't molded correctly.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

If I may encourage you to go offroad I think you will better understand what you need and want. Then again, if you're doing for looks, you're probably on the right track. Do what makes you happy.

Reactions: skrelnik
Yeah I go off roading a fair amount but haven't been out in the Vegas desert yet since moving here. That's another reason I want put it on non functional, I don't think i will be crossing many rivers out here lol

Are you pulling our leg here

“I saw this snorkel on my local classifieds kind of like Craigslist and I can't resist! I need a snorkel so this will be a welcome addition to my build”

You got a V8 stuffed in there lol

Reactions: cjaama
Are you pulling our leg here

“I saw this snorkel on my local classifieds kind of like Craigslist and I can't resist! I need a snorkel so this will be a welcome addition to my build”

You got a V8 stuffed in there lol
Oh yeah, it's definitely stuffed in there. You should see the crazy headers from advance adapters just to wrap up and over the motor mount and then bend in to avoid the steering shaft.

Also getting this too because my grill is beat to death and this seems like a good price. I hope the plastic color/texture is similar between the two plastics of the grill and the snorkel.

95efe65037669f0e304e7d051f0b18ad.jpg

Don't put a snorkel on your Jeep. The smart guys will laugh at you.

2003 Rubicon
Haha, luckily I have thick skin but that's another reason to just use double sided tape to mount it vs. drilling a hole in the fender, I can just take it off

This entire thread confuses me. I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not. :confundio1:
b6471a5d5c8b7f73202394bfbc084b99.jpg

Lol, I had to prove to @Chris that I was capable of a good troll because that is my nickname at work. I am frequently told to get back under my bridge which I guess is where trolls live

@Chris, not even close to my best work at all but how did I do?

Exactly. Not to mention I dunno if I could take anyone seriously wheeling with me in the desert who had a fake snorkel installed for looks.
I think I would make up some excuse to go home away from that person and then never talk to them again

Reactions: Chris