Gimmick or not?

I vote gimmick. Ball and socket joints are designed to rotate so they can deal with different operating angles and alignments. I recently replaced my steering box with a rebuilt and it took all of the dead spot out of my steering. The original joints still rotate nice and free and I don't feel like I'm driving a grain truck anymore.

X2. Seems like a gimmick to me. If @mrblaine wasn't on his own self-imposed exile, I'm fairly certain he would tear this product a new one!

I have only seen reviews on YJ forums, so no telling. I did not see one review where they didn't see an improvement.

I see this used all the time on the xj forums. alot of those guys are running crossover steering and use the spacer to stop tie rod roll.

I always recommend Currie Steering but they seem to go with a cheaper crossover setup and suffer the side effects of tie rod roll, dead spots, etc.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
From what I've read on various threads, adding anything to "fix" your steering that modifies the original set-up can actually mask problems. Is that the same case here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that. I need to do that to the rear axle bearing on the 4runner. The axle seal blew and caused diff oil to leak out through the bearing. I hear stories of it causing the bearing to fail cuz the diff oil washes out the grease so I will repack the bearing and hope to extend its life.

Thanks for posting that. I need to do that to the rear axle bearing on the 4runner. The axle seal blew and caused diff oil to leak out through the bearing. I hear stories of it causing the bearing to fail cuz the diff oil washes out the grease so I will repack the bearing and hope to extend its life.
WOW! Let us know how it works for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If synthetic is stronger then steel. Why do cranes still use steel? All they do is raise and lower. Tow trucks still use steel and I can understand why, rubbing against rocks, trees and the ground to make a recovery.

If synthetic is stronger then steel. Why do cranes still use steel? All they do is raise and lower. Tow trucks still use steel and I can understand why, rubbing against rocks, trees and the ground to make a recovery.

I would imagine the cost of a synthetic cable rope for a crane would be a lot more than the steel cable at those lengths and sizes it would be crazy expensive. But just my guess.

Reactions: JMT

In Construction it is the wear and tear on the synthetic rope. Steel rope gets dragged a lot, over all it it is tougher in this environment.
In winching it is acceptable but you don't want to drag it over rocks or through the mud while winching. It will destroy the integrity. of the line.

Reactions: JMT and JP98
In Construction it is the wear and tear on the synthetic rope. Steel rope gets dragged a lot, over all it it is tougher in this environment.
In winching it is acceptable but you don't want to drag it over rocks or through the mud while winching. It will destroy the integrity. of the line.

X2. This is exactly correct. Synthetic is played up, and there are advantages (easier to handle, safer), but keep synthetic from rubbing things as it breaks down the fibers. The steel or synthetic iissue is another decision that should be made with your type of wheelin in mind.

X2. This is exactly correct. Synthetic is played up, and there are advantages (easier to handle, safer), but keep synthetic from rubbing things as it breaks down the fibers. The steel or synthetic iissue is another decision that should be made with your type of wheelin in mind.

Don't really have a wheeling type yet I'm pretty new at this. Been here once, http://www.smorr.net/ had a lot of fun.

Reactions: JMT