Glad I found this site

Chief1942

Supporting Member
Have owned my 2006 TJ Rubicon for about 5 years now (bought as second owner). It's been pretty dependable so far and has not ever let me down. I did have the OPDA noise issue and had that replaced at the local dealership. Have ordered the LED headlight upgrade. As I live in Central Arizona, and the elk are all over the place during early morning and early evening, I can always use more visibility during those times. Think they will help immensely based upon Chris's experience. Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays.

Nice to have you on board, and great choice on the Rubicon. Be sure to post some photos when you get a chance.

Have owned my 2006 TJ Rubicon for about 5 years now (bought as second owner). It's been pretty dependable so far and has not ever let me down. I did have the OPDA noise issue and had that replaced at the local dealership. Have ordered the LED headlight upgrade. As I live in Central Arizona, and the elk are all over the place during early morning and early evening, I can always use more visibility during those times. Think they will help immensely based upon Chris's experience. Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays.
Where did you get the led head lights from?

I ordered the Truck Lites that Chris so highly recommends , from who else? Amazon. They are not here yet but when they do I will get them installed and then perhaps be able to post a picture of my TJR.
Awesome. Thanx. Look forward to seeing how they turn out in your pics.

Okay. Took some pics as requested. Hope I can get them posted correctly. Not a "cherry" as I use it for my backcountry user and not a boulevard cruiser. Has it's share of "Arizona Pinstripes" but has never let me down and has been very dependable.It will take me into any place I have the nerve to go:qmiedo:. Mostly stock but added the tire carrier, Trucklite LED headlights, LED taillights,. It had the Warn front bumper and winch when I bought it. Also 2" lift, plus JKS decons. And yes! Those are DuraTracs.
DSCF2150.JPG
DSCF2151.JPG
DSCF2152.JPG
DSCF2153.JPG

Nice TJ! And proud member of the NRA too I see....Nice!
Yes, and a Life Member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Two organizations that have always stood for the right thing, in my view. Most up here do support the NRA. Those that don't are so outnumbered that they pretty much keep their views regarding it to themselves. Of course that wasn't the case during the 40 years I resided in your current state of residence. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

Yes, and a Life Member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Two organizations that have always stood for the right thing, in my view. Most up here do support the NRA. Those that don't are so outnumbered that they pretty much keep their views regarding it to themselves. Of course that wasn't the case during the 40 years I resided in your current state of residence. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you too!
Also a Member of the NRA. RMEF does do great things. I'm not a Member... not too much elk hunting here in California unless you draw a once in a life time tag for "one". But I am a Member of the Mendocino County Blacktail Association. They good things for our Deer here.

Last edited:
Okay. Took some pics as requested. Hope I can get them posted correctly. Not a "cherry" as I use it for my backcountry user and not a boulevard cruiser. Has it's share of "Arizona Pinstripes" but has never let me down and has been very dependable.It will take me into any place I have the nerve to go:qmiedo:. Mostly stock but added the tire carrier, Trucklite LED headlights, LED taillights,. It had the Warn front bumper and winch when I bought it. Also 2" lift, plus JKS decons. And yes! Those are DuraTracs. View attachment 26902 View attachment 26903 View attachment 26904 View attachment 26905

Nice looking Rubicon, and great color too! I'm a big fan of the stock Moab wheels, hence the reason I've kept mine all these years.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Okay. Took some pics as requested. Hope I can get them posted correctly. Not a "cherry" as I use it for my backcountry user and not a boulevard cruiser. Has it's share of "Arizona Pinstripes" but has never let me down and has been very dependable.It will take me into any place I have the nerve to go:qmiedo:. Mostly stock but added the tire carrier, Trucklite LED headlights, LED taillights,. It had the Warn front bumper and winch when I bought it. Also 2" lift, plus JKS decons. And yes! Those are DuraTracs. View attachment 26902 View attachment 26903 View attachment 26904 View attachment 26905
What size are your DuraTracs? And, do you run your hard top year round?

Very nice Rubi.

What size are your DuraTracs? And, do you run your hard top year round?

Very nice Rubi.
The tires are LT245/76R16. The diameter is right at 30".
Yes I run the hardtop year round. I know these came with both tops but I didn't get the soft top when I bought this Rubicon 2nd hand. Also, because I have profound hearing loss and have to wear hearing aids just so I can converse with people,. So if you can appreciate, having the wind/ noise that comes with running without a top is pretty much a non-starter for me.

The tires are LT245/76R16. The diameter is right at 30".
Yes I run the hardtop year round. I know these came with both tops but I didn't get the soft top when I bought this Rubicon 2nd hand. Also, because I have profound hearing loss and have to wear hearing aids just so I can converse with people,. So if you can appreciate, having the wind/ noise that comes with running without a top is pretty much a non-starter for me.
Nothing in the world wrong with stock...most of us modify our TJ for the sake of modification a lot of the time, when, as you have found, they work great as is out of the box, so to speak. Bumper and light upgrades make a lot of sense, but suspension and larger tires are strictly a personal want/need thing. I applaud those who run their Jeeps as is and get the most out of that.

I get it with the hard top. I have often wondered why I go through the trouble of changing them out twice a year...mostly because I can, I guess.